Sunday, May 31, 2009

Graduation's

We have been really busy lately at the Cutler Home getting ready for graduation.  First, Der-Bear graduated from Seminary.  We were really proud of him.  The meeting was great and the Choir sang some beautiful songs.  It was such a long time ago, but I remember when I graduated from Seminary like it was yesterday.  I absolutely loved seminary, my teacher was also my bishop and he made learning the Gospel fun even though he was strict.  Bro Nix was the best!  I remember crying a lot when I graduated because I was so thankful to be apart of the Gospel and to have such wonderful people in my life to support me.  
Second, Der-Bear graduated High School.  We prepared food the night before so we were tired.  We walked to graduation because there was no parking.  Trey thought it was the coolest thing even though he was running to keep up with us.  I forgot Trey's pacifier and we all know that it is the only thing that keeps him quite during special events so I waited until Grandpa and Fran got there to take there car, unfortunately I still had to walk aways to get to their car and now I have blisters all over my feet.
The ceremony was actually short and sweet.  My favorite teacher from when I was in High School spoke, Mrs. Talboom.  I absolutely loved her, I had her all for years and we grew very close.  He talk was very animated like she is but very heart felt.  I did not realize she has been teaching at Green River High School since 1978, no wonder why she is a great teacher.  I don't even think I listen to the speaker when I graduated because I just wanted to be done...haha!  I was just sitting there thinking that I can not believe its been 6 years since I been done with high school...WOW I am old!
Afterwards, we went outside because it was a beautiful day and took tons of photos.
Of course we had to have a family photo even though it took us forever to get all of us together.
Der-Bear is such a fun-loving person.  Recently I found out that he loves the food network and wants to be a chef, but culinary school is way expensive.  You all know I love to cook, not bake, but cook...so we have been whipping up some good stuff in the kitchen.  He is an amateur but he is getting to be pretty good.  Who knows he might own his own restaurant one day!
What are sisters good for huh?  A good ole hug!
Der and I did not want to walk home after graduation because we were so tired so we stayed and waited while Grandpa and Fran got the car.  I was so thankful because I did not want more blisters on my feet.
The after party was fun.  Derek did it with his buddies Dennis and Spencer.  There are both good friends and putting in their mission papers soon!  Derek is going to go to Western for a year and maybe play soccer then probably go on a mission after that.
We had some yummy food, BBQ pork sandwiches, salad, veggies, and of course graduation cake!  Trey just wanted olives because he loves to put them on all of his fingers.
I got to see a lot of old friends which is always nice.  Brooke Covington and her mom came and it was fun to catch up with them.  I used to coach cheer for her and what a beautiful young women she has become.  After everything was over we still had more parties that we were invited to but we were so tired!!  We pushed it and went and everyone had such yummy food, I think I gained probably 100 lbs!!!  Trey was a trooper through the whole thing and even took a nap for a little bit.  We are really thrilled for Derek and what the future holds for him!  Congratulations Der-Bear and class of 2009!

2 comments:

Cody and Camille said...

Love the pictures. It looks like we missed out on some hard core par-tays! It was great seeing Chris and Case last week. They are doing good but missing their honeys like none other!:)

Kenzee Jo said...

Busy-Busy! I hope you are feeling well. When do you find out what you're having? Thank you for your comment on my blogg :] Hope all is well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity