About a week ago my good friend Nick called me up and asked me for a hair cut. We had not talked in forever and I found out that he was the announcer for the "World of Fist." This is a fighting company that one of the guys I graduated with started up in Rock Springs. He asked me if I would go and take pictures for him and he would give me a free ticket. I told him sure I would but then he said that I would be sitting in the very front by myself so I told him that I did not think that was a good idea. Then he offered me 2 free tickets in the bleachers and said I could take a friend and still take pictures for him. I decided to take Tayliann and Mama C. watched Trey for me.
Some of the fights were crazy, especially when the women fought. I was just thinking to myself.."their poor face!" It takes a whole lot of women to have the courage to do that. The other crazy thing is that I knew most of the fighters, one of the girls who fought dated my brother, some were in my grade or went to the same school, and others I knew from Rock Springs. I think that is what made me get into it more too because I knew some of them at a personal level.The main fight was a re-match against Nick Mamilis and Olly Bradstreet. Mamilis and I have been friends since grade school and our families know each other pretty well. Tay is also friends with his little brother. He has basically been a state championship wrestler since he was 5! Olly's record is supposed to be really good as well but we could not help but cheer Mamilis on. He ended up winning by choke hold. It was awesome! Chris told me I had to tell him all about it, he would have love to have been there. He said he would take me to a professional one in Vegas one time. I miss him so much! Anyways, it was a fun night and this sport of ultimate fighting boggles my mind but it sure is entertaining!

2 comments:
Hey Kerr...Ben and I are probably coming up for the cage fights during Gorge Days. We are super excited and we will definitely get a hold of you. It looks like you are enjoying life back in GR. Take care and give Trey loves from the James'. Tell Chris hello and we think he is an amazing person, husband, and father. You guys are awesome!
So fun to see you at the store the other day. You looks so cute! As always. Good luck with baby #2.
Post a Comment