Sunday, July 17, 2011

Some Break Highlights

We just got done with our 3 1/2 week break from Palmer. School started this past week so now we are back to grind and reality. Here are some of the highlights of our break...

Yard work, lots of it. Mowing, weeding, you name it were were doing it. Our plans to gut the basement got shoved down the road a little bit because we just wanted to be outside. The weather was HOT, just the way we like it for our summer break! 
GYM of course. We sometimes did 2 a days. Once in the morning (weights) and once at night (cardio) to take the kids swimming when the pool opened. Plus I am trying to take as many Zumba classes as possible since one of the instructors asked me to become one. Yes I was shocked because I never considered myself that good but she said I was and I really like it so I am going to give it a whorl. My heart still lies with Turbo but they don't have that out here and Zumba is just a fun dancing party!! YAY for the GYM, our best bud!
 Independence Day!!!! 
We went out to Bettendoff to the street market. There we met Elmo and cookie monster. Porter was not sure about them and neither was Trey because he is not really into watching them. It made for a cool pic though:) 
They had so much for kids to do so we road the train and bounced in the in big blow up toys they had. 
They had this one bounce house that the boys had a blast in. It had a slide and a little obstacle course. The boys were sweaty messes when they got done in there. Oh yes and did I mention it was HOT, not just HOT, HOT HOT! 
We ate some fried food, Yes even we cheat sometimes too:) We actually were lucky if we even got any since the boys hoofed it all down..LOL! 
They had a country band going so Chris and I shook it on the dance floor. If you did not know we are swell country swing dancers! 
Our little Firecracker Family
The boys played until it got dark. Trey made some new friends and was showing them how to catch bugs...LOL! They both enjoyed their popcorn and glow sticks. 
Trey made a new friend named Bennet. Both is his parents go to Palmer too. They were a fun family and they actually new some of our friends from Church since some of them do NUCCA as well which is a certain type of adjustment you specialize in. It was fun to get to know them better and Treyson and Bennet sure had so much fun all night long!   
Time for the Fireworks! 
Trey loved them but Porter kept saying, "scaweee (scary)" every time they would go off. We just cheered when they went off and by the end of the night he liked them. Did I mention Chris's favorite holiday is the 4th. We have not been able to enjoy the 4th with all the summer sales in the past so it was nice just for our little family to be enjoying it by ourselves. 
They put on a pretty good firework show for us! 
I did not take this picture but my "awesome with a camera SIL" did. I thought it was a keeper so I hope she does not mind that I stole it...Pretty cool huh? 
After it was over we stayed around for a little since we new it would be a mad house to get out. Porter was cranky but Trey just was still fascinated with his glow stick..LOL! We waited about 45 min in the car until we even moved. Thank goodness for our Portable DVD player that's all I have to say..LOL! The boys crashed on the way home. 
Symphony's Baptism
One of the non member YW that has been coming chose to be baptized. She is 13. Her brother was also baptized. Her mom has been a long time member and just barley started to be active in the Church. I have grown really close with Symphony and I just love her. From the first time I met her I just knew there was something about her. Her family comes from small means and let just say their are other issues that I wont get into but yet she turned her heart to the Lord and therefore received a testimony. You could just tell how excited she was to finally be baptized. She asked me to speak at the baptism and I spoke on the Holy Ghost which is the 3rd member of the God Head. Chris ended up having to work so I had both kids with me yet I still felt the spirit very strong. It brought back such rich memories of my own baptism. I advised her to always remember how she feel this day. The first day of the rest of her life. I often reflect back on my feeling when I got baptized and it always leaves my heart feeling whole, warm, and good...knowing that I made the right decision... the decision that changed my life for better. FOREVER! I am so blessed to know Symphony and honored that I got to speak in behalf of one of Heavenly Fathers children. What an awesome day! 
Well that all folks some of the break highlights. 
Hope all of you are having a great SUMMER!  

5 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like you guys have been really busy! Is Chris doing NUCCA? If so, I didn't know that. :)

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

No I don't think so. He really has not decided what he is doing. I know he wants to do kids but he wants to have a family practice too. We just met that couple and then when we started talking we figured out that they new all of you that are in NUCCA too since that what they are doing:)

Sara said...

Ah, I see. I re-read your post (after your explanation) and of course it makes sense now. I was surprised, because I didn't think Chris was interested in NUCCA. Jeremy probably knows them, but wouldn't necessarily know a little boy named Bennet. :)

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Ashley and Dustin Ingalls. They both are about done with school. She is expecting another baby soon. They said they knew who you guys were.

Lindsay said...

I love the picture of Trey with the firework behind him- nice! Looks like lots of fun and I bet it's hard to have Chris go back to school. And that's such a wonderful story about Symphony!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity