Monday, December 13, 2010

Treyson turns 3!

Our Treyson turned 3 years old yesterday!!
It is pretty hard to even believe he is 3 years old.
It seems like just yesterday I was looking into those great big newborn eyes and saying, "Wow, Am I really this little angels mother? How could I be so blessed?  This 3 years also marks the first time I became a mother. I remember feeling very overwhelmed yet I remember feeling very comforted over Christmas time when I thought of Mary and baby Jesus knowing that she probably felt the same way I did or even more so. Let just say he was not the easiest baby but he was still perfect in every way. I finally understood what it meant when people say the LOVE of a mother is like no other. In these 3 short years he has brought me such great joy!
 For Trey's bday party we did a Dragon theme poetically the one from "How to train your Dragon." Trey is obsessed with "Toothless" the Night Fury dragon off of that movie. I made his invites online and they turned out really cute!
 I got a little creative with baking cupcakes, everyone knows I am not much of a baker but I really enjoyed doing this. I made a dragon out of cupcakes and tried to make it look like the Night Fury dragon as much as possible.  I am not sure I pulled it off but it still looked like a dragon.  In the movie toothless blows blue fire, has specific wings, horns, and only on wing in the back.  I tried to replicate him as much as possible. I was pretty happy with it even though I think if I were to do it again I wold do the eyes a little different.  They did not turn out quite like I wanted.  All in all I was pretty proud of it!
 I have to give some credit to Chris because he helped with some of it as well.
 I think this might become on of my new past times.  I secretly like making cupcakes!:)
 When Treyson saw it all done for the first time he loved it! His happiness then turned into sadness though when I told him he could not eat it until later on when his birthday started.
 Here's to our Birthday Boy!!!
We kept the party pretty simple.  We just watch the movie "How to train your Dragon," and ate some Pizza. 
 Then we sang happy birthday and let Trey blow out his 3 candles.  It took him a few times but he finally  blew them all out.
 Yay, now he is 3!
 All the boys loved the cupcakes and Trey especially loved the frosting of course!
 We attempted a family photo during all the fun. Took us a couple shots but we finally got a good one...LOL!
We sure do love our Big 3 year old!!
 Maybe you are wondering what Port was up to during all this partying?? Well for the most part he was just attached to my hip and eating something of some sort always.
He was getting really tired and I finally got him to take a little nap.  When he woke up he went right to his toy airplane and wanted to play with it. It was really cute! 
Anyways back to the party...after the cake we opened presents...YAY! The fun part right? 
 Trey was so excited about all his presents! Thanks everyone and thanks to all the grand p's that mailed them too!
 Trey needed help with most of his presents and I could not open them fast enough for him...LOL! This is seriously such a fun age to do birthday parties, to see their excitement about everything....love it!
 His most prized present was "toothless" the night fury dragon action figure. 
 He was overly excited about this toy and he would not even put it down for second. It's like his little baby.  He takes care of it like its his very own dragon.  Such a good little Dragon trainer:)
 He even wanted to go to sleep with it but we know if that happened he will just stay up and play with it all night so we told him to put "toothless" to bed first and then he could go night night.  He puts him to bed each night and says, Goodbye Dragon, see ya, night night, muah!" LOL!
Trey kept going around saying, "I am 3 years old," or he would ask me, "Am I 3 years old?" I would also ask him, "How are are you?" and he would reply, "3 years old!" I did not get very good on video but it was sure really cute.
He is just the coolest little boy.  I even got a comment the other day in the mall about him and this guy said, "when I have kids I hope my little boy is just like him," referring to Treyson. He is so rambunctious and full of energy.  There is never a dull moments with his child, he is my partner in crime. I am so thankful he is my son and I love him so dearly. Happy 3 years my handsome stud!

3 comments:

Kimber said...

cute!!! that cake IS awesome! props girl

denise said...

Cute cake, I agree. We're gonna have to get 'Tian and Trey together sometime so they can destroy stuff, err, I mean play.

Lindsay said...

What a cute party! I remember so well when you had Trey. He was the cutest dark haired baby boy! He is an adorable toddler too! Happy birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity