Friday, December 10, 2010

*Dec. Randoms*

Here are just some Random things I thought I would share....

If you have not noticed I got new glasses and contacts.  My vision had gotten so much worse after having Porter for some reason.  I found this out after getting my Iowa drivers lic. and barley passing the eye exam!  I did not realize how blind I was until I got my new contacts and glasses.  WOW, the world has become such a clear and brighter place!  I am still getting used to the whole contact thing but I am just glad I can finally see how I am supposed to!
 There is lots of Randoms about Porter...
This child might be the death of me when it comes to sleeping.  When I let Trey cry it out after he turned 10 months he got it.  Porter not so much. One night he was fighting his sleep so much so I just decide to put him on the ground by my bed with his blanket because I about had it with him and guess what... he went right to sleep...LOL!  You know I thought I knew all the answers because of reading all the books about sleep training but it just goes to show it does not work for every child..LOL!
 Funny story about Porter blanket is his grandma Price made him one last Christmas and he loved it so much...well we lost it somehow a couple months later!  My SIL got him a little blanket when he was about 4 months old and it was the exact same material as what his Grandma made him. So it worked out perfect until she makes him a new one.  He loves his blanket so much and is very attached to it.  He drags it around with him all day long.  If I try to put it away he gets really upset. Mr. Charlie Brown we call him..LOL! 
He also loves his stuffed blue elephant.  He hugs it all the time and says, "aaaawweee!"
 We had spaghetti the other night and Porters messy face after words was Priceless.
Spaghetti Everywhere!
Couple other randoms...
I can not turn my back for a second with him because then he is into something.
He loves to help with laundry...lol sort of!
He will only drink water and juice from a sippy cup and wants nothing to do with milk.  He is still nursing 4-6 times a day. The weening process has not been successful so far!
He loves playing Frisbee.
Every time I put him in a white shirt it ends up looking beige, imaging that!
I still love him to the eternity and back though!
Oh yes and he is finally has got some teethers on the top now!!
Randoms on Treyson....
He is really is showing interest in the scriptures.  He likes to read along with us or act like it I should say.  He also enjoys looking at the pictures in the BOM.  Mostly every picture he says is Jesus which is cute. Teaching by example and by the spirit---when we forced Treyson to sit and read with us he would never do it but when he saw us doing it over and over he wanted to do it too. He knows a lot more then we think he does and I can not believe he will be in Primary in Jan...sniff sniff! 
 We do "Timeout" quite a bit with Treyson.  He is in that stage where he like to test us but he is learning that he does not like to be in time out.  He is good about if we tell him he needs to go to timeout, he goes but with a pout face.  He will usually cry the entire time while he is there and then when its time to get off we always explain why he put there and if he chooses to do it again then he will get timeout again. We always give big hugs and say we love him and He always says, "I soweee, I sowee!" He maybe rambunctious but he is a such a good boy.
 He is learning so much and his vocabulary has really taken off.
We have been working on our colors, numbers, and shapes.  He does not have them perfect but he does pretty good.  This little boy imagination he amazing and its fun to just listen to him as he plays just to see what he will say...LOL!
 We are working on getting rid of his binky but its not really working to well since Porter has one too.  I have a feeling this is going to be hard to break him of it.  For now I just tell him if he wants a binky he has to go night night and he usually does not want that so he only gets it if he takes a nap and when he goes to bed.  I am sucker for giving it to him in the car when he wants it too! He might just have it until he is 4..LOL! Now, Potty training is a whole new story!
One thing that is still so funny about this child is he still likes to be wrapped up in a blanket.  Need I mention he will be 3 years old in a couple days!  His Dad said it was because we swaddled him so tight when he was a baby..LOL!  He will come up and give me a blanket and ask, "wrap up!" He seriously makes me giggle everyday!
Other Randoms on the boys...
 We got a package the other day and we all know the boys love boxes!  This time there was little Styrofoam pieces in it and the boys had a good time throwing them and making a huge mess.  Like I said I can not turn my back for a second!  Trey kept throwing it up and saying, "It's snowing mama, it's snowing!" LOL!
 The toy of the month is the famous SWORD.  Both of the boys love it and they fight over it all the time.
 I love my crazy critters!
That pretty much sums of the randomness of the Prices.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

denise said...

Kerri, seriously everything you say about Porter reminds me of 'Tian--right down to the being hard to wean! It could be so frustrating.

Just hang in there and be consistent, and it will start to get better. I don't know how many times I had to "re-sleeptrain" 'Tian but he did get better eventually.

Lindsay said...

Way cute pics!

Nick and Dani said...

I honestly cannot believe how big your precious little Treyson is! I remember being in love with him when he was smaller than Porter! (in Florida) Both of your boys are just SO handsome!

Kenzee Jo said...

I love reading about your sons :) They are so cute. So sweet. So smart. It is so cute to see what are some kids FAVORITE things. Blankets, Binkies', Boxes ;) <--Noticed all with B's?? haha... You're very good at writing things they do and what they are learning. Kudos to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity