Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another Year Older

Our big guy is another year older.  He turned 33 yesterday.  He said when he says it out loud "33" it sounds old but he does not feel like it at all...how is a 33 year old supposed to feel anyways?, LOL!  He says he still feels like he is 20 years old and trust me he still acts like it!
Before Chris got home from school I decorated the kitchen with some scrapbook paper reading, "happy birthday daddy!" I got Chris a 2 gal container of egg whites since he loves them and then I made him a yummy pumpkin protein shake since he did not want cake and for the fall season.  It was yummy!  I don't have a recipe, I just made it up so here's whats in it...
Water
Orange juice
Vanilla protein
Real pureed pumpkin
Vanilla and Agave Nectar
Cottage cheese and Egg whites
Pinches of stevia, cloves, cinnamon, allspice, and pumpkin spice
Talk about delicious and not to mention packed with protein and good nutrients...just the way my honey likes it!
I also helped the boys make a page for Chris that said, "We love you."  I helped them scibbles their names down on the birthday paper and it turned out so cute!
We sang Happy Birthday a couple of times because the boys love that song, especially Trey!
There were no candles but we all devoured some of the protein shake.  Porter loved it especially and was getting upset when daddy would take it away so he could have a drink.  I guess we are starting them early on whey protein..LOL!
That night was babysitting night at the Chruch.  The young women were doing it for a service to get it marked off in their personal progress.  It was free and worked out perfect for Chris's bday so we could go to dinner.  
Chris wanted Sushi of course!  I will have you know before I married him he HATED fish but I converted him over.  You just have to know what to order and what flavors go well together.  We never get anything raw or too fishy.  We love it.  Chopsticks practice (cuz I still am not that good), edamame, and sushi is the usual for us and we were on a budget so we only got 3 rolls, but it was exceptionally GOOD!  
Did I mention he also look very handsome that night, I dont know if I ever told you but I am in love with his "Elvis" sideburns!
 We had someone take out picture before we left and he told us to say "sushi" when Chris said it he almost choked on his mint and then he just ended up swallowing it...LOL, it was really funny so don't mind Chri's weird face! 
To the most best husband and daddy on the planet, to the most patient genuine person I know.  He is just a down right good man and you can't get much better than him!  Your family sure loves you Biggs. HAPYY BIRTHDAY lover boy!
XOXOXOX

3 comments:

Cody and Camille said...

Yay for birthday week! We're lovin' it and it looks like you guys are too! Happy Birthday!

p.s. Have you lost some weight Chris? Way to go!:)

The Ball Family said...

Happy Birthday Chris. I know what it feels like to be 33...I hate it! ;)

amy said...

happy birthday chris! you have the cutest wife and boys in the world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity