Friday, September 24, 2010

12 Weeks Until....

We go on our Family Cruise!!!
I am so excited.
It's the Cutler Family Cruise so we will be taking our kids.  They paid for it but we just had to pay for our air-fair. We are so grateful to them for this...What an awesome early Christmas gift huh?
This is my first time so it should be fun even if we have the kids.  Hopefully one day we will be able to go with out them.  Since its my first time I have to get my first time passport, Chris still has his from his mission so he will not need to get one.  We also have to get them for our little ones.  We still have lots to do.  We are going on the Mexican Rivera I believe and we will be leaving out of Long Beach CA.  It is the week before Christmas so we will be able to have an Iowa Christmas as well.

This Cruise has been Chris and I motivation to really get in shape.  I mean we have always worked out and ate right but this time we have set goals and our determined to achieve them.  My goal is to gain lean tone muscle and maintain my weight.  Chris still can't do much with his bicep since having the surgery but he wants to do what he can to loose a couple lbs and tone up his waistline.  I know we can do it and I love setting goals and achieving them.  Its like a sense of satisfaction not to mention how good you feel when you are working out and eating right.  We call it our "non diet-diet."  To most people what we eat seems like we are on a strict diet when really its just food we like to eat.  We just try and eat lots of wholefoods... actually real food!
Top 5 foods
1)  Absolutely no sugar.  I know the holidays are coming up and we are human so we have limited ourselves to 1 treat a week.  2-3 weeks before we will cut out all sugar even fructose which includes fruit. 
2)  Lots of lean protein.  I prefer fish but Chris likes Chicken.  We eat a lot of beans as well.
3)  Good Carbs.  We love sweet potatoes and sprouted bread to just name a few.
4)  Low Calorie Dairy.  We love goat milk and Greek yogurt is my favy.  We also eat lots of cottage cheese.
5) Fruits (besides 2-3 weeks before) and Veggies..LOTS AND LOTS of them!
You would also think we are NUTS because we eat so much of them! ;)
These are just a few foods we eat on our "non diet-diet"

Chris has me on a pretty good weight training routine, I die every time and especially when I do legs...hate leg day!!  Chris is doing mostly cardio attack and some cross fit.  He also gets lots of conditioning at Rugby practice.  He lifts but he cant lift as heavy as he normally does even though each day he progresses.  

Anyways, We are stoked about both our goals and the cruise.  
PS.  I just read the email that we are to read the B of M before we go on the Cruise as well.  I think it will be awesome.  Chris might have to listen to his on CD since this TRI has been killing him..LOL!  There is lots of work to do so we better get busy huh?
Here's to a fit and healthy weekend yall!

4 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

my coworker is on that cruse RIGHT NOW! :) how fun!

Sara said...

That sounds so fun! I hope that everything goes well and that you guys have a great time! We'll look forward to pictures!

Dave and Alisha said...

wow your good. how do you know so much about good food vs bad food. I need you to be my nutritionist!

Julie said...

Oh you will LOVE this! Cruises are the ONLY way to really vacation! :) I'm excited for ya to go! Hope to see lots of pics! Cute boys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity