Friday, June 11, 2010

Denver Nationals

NIGHT BE4---I am almost a week late writing about this but here goes. Chris had a final the night before so he did not get home until about 8 to help pack. The boys were being ornery so I did not get much done until they went to bed. Jax was getting really nervous because he saw us packing so Trey was trying to make him feel better by snuggling with him on his bed. I kept Porter occupied that morning with a biter bar which helped a ton to get things done. We were still late getting off but we finally hit the road around 9 am.
TRAVELING---It is a 12 hour drive for us and to tell you the truth I was really not looking forward to it because my kids are not the best travelers but I will say that they did better then I thought they would. I know this is bad but when it was time to nurse Porter I just took him out of the car seat while we were still driving and fed and played with him for a while. This worked for us so he was not screaming all the time or we would have to stop every hour. Trey always does good with his movies in the car but after about 4 hours he gets a little restless and needs to get out. We stopped 3 times for a breather and Trey loved helping daddy wash the windows at each stop. After lots of diaper changing, feeding, and entertaining the kids we finally made it to Denver around 9 that night. Porter was cranky and tired and Trey was hyper because he did not nap until about 4 on the drive. He loved riding the cart with the luggage on it and pushing the button on the elevator. It was a good road trip but I was glad to be done...like everyone always says...traveling with kids is never easy!
HOTEL ADVENTURES--- We stayed in a pretty nice hotel in down town Denver. The highlights of our hotel stay were as follows...

Bath time was fun with the boys.

Trey ate a whole pound of grapes.

Trey loved to bounce on the bed.

Porter was a total HAM the whole time and looked adorable in his ACDC tie shirt.

My boys do not believe in sleeping in a hotel therefore I think I got 8 hours of sleep in the 3 nights we were there.

Chris loved the time he got to spend with his boys and he made them giggle lots.

Porter learned how to do push ups, he was literally on on fours doing them all weekend!

Trey thought it was cool to climb in Porter crib with him some times even during nap time.

He also loved locking himself in the cabinets and when he opened them he would say, "BOO!"

We were on the 9 th floor of 10 and on the 8th floor all the Alumni of Palmer Rugby were giving free adjustments. They had a couple tables just lined up and when it was my turn this guy adjusted my whole body from head to toe in less then 2 min. He was dang good and it felt so good.

Chris became more excited about Chiropractic after meeting the Alumni and he would come back to the room beaming like a school boy saying, "I am so thankful I chose to be a Chiropractor..I can't wait to change peoples lives!"
I bought the boys some cute new summer pj's. I love little boys pajamas, I just can't resist. They were prefect because it was hot in Denver.
TEAM DINNER--- Friday night we had a dinner with the Rugby Team and the Alumni. Chris's side of the family showed up that night all except for Scotty. It was nice to see everyone and have them be apart of our Palmer Family. This was Chris and I first time meeting baby McKoy and I am not sure he was a fan..LOL!

The dinner was yummy. I was craving salad so I think I had 3 plates of it. We had all the grand kids there and it got a little crazy. Trey thought it was cool to scream really loud for no reason..LOL. We watched a video and listened to the athletic director, coach, alumni, and team captains give speeches. It was awesome because this year was the Rugby teams 50th anniversary and they were in the Final Four!
After we ate we let the kids play a little bit at the arcade. They loved the motorcycles and the dancing game. They were really busting their moves and it was fun to watch. Miss Paisley was really getting down..LOL!
SWIM DAY--- The next day we went swimming at the hotel where Chris's family were staying. Chris just dropped me off because he had some team stuff to do that day before the game. They stayed at a hotel that was 3 miles away because ours was booked. It was a nice pool and it was a beautiful day outside to go for a dip. Porter loved the water. He would kick and kick his little feet. He even liked to be on his back and stomach in the water and kick like he was swimming. He is a great little swimmer and loved to splash splash in the water. Mama Beth had fun teaching him. Trey mostly hung out on the stairs and splashed away but he did like being tossed in the air by Tom.
FAMILY---We enjoyed having our family there. Layna and I had fun playing dress up with all my jewelry..I just love her, she is such a girly girl! It is awesome because all the cousins are close to the same age so they have fun together. The Culter's showed up in the late afternoon on Saturday. Tay and Kar sure had fun with the boys and this was Mama C's first time meeting Mr. Porter. It was nice to have them their to help with the boys since Chris was with the team.
GAME NIGHT--- Before the game Chris got his hair cut in the famous Mohawk that all the players get. It actually looked really good on him. I am not sure why it is the hair cut to have but everyone always gets one if they choose before the big game.
The park was nice but they did not allow strollers which made it so I got my work out for the evening lugging the car seat around. They also did not allow food in the stadium so I fed my boys as we watched Chris practice and warm up. I love my Herc in his short shorts..LOL!
THE FAN SECTION--- Chris had the biggest fan section rooting for him. I actually did not get to watch the game as much as I wanted to because I was trying to keep my boys happy. I later watched it and have to say that our section made some appearances on TV! We were seated right next the the Palmer dug out which made so we could see more of the action. Mama Beth had a concerned look the whole time..she always worries. Layna was copying her Dads yell and it was pretty darn cute. We were trying to keep Paisley and Trey from escaping thanks to Karlee and McKoy was a little cranky but got better toward the end of the game. It was way past Porter bed time so he was a grump but Mama C. finally got him to go down. Dad C. really enjoyed the game and Chris's brothers were trying to help him understand how it is played. I am still learning, all I know is that I enjoy watching it. Tayli and I had fun playing mustache while the game was going too..haha!

We must not forget who number 3's biggest fans are...

His wife and boys!

We love our Christian!

Go, go Daddy go!
Oh yes I forgot to mention what comes along with the Mohawk cut...each player has 3 lines carved in the back of their heads. It's like their stamp or signature...I think it looks rather cool!
THE GAME--Chris was having an excellent game, played hard and tough. He plays the tight end prop which are usually the strongest most heaviest players on the team. His job is to support the line out and to push forward the scrum. I believe they have the hardest job on the team. At the beginning of the second half Chris tore his bicep. I actually did not even see it happen because I was trying to settle Porter. I guess what happened is when he went in for the tackle they both were running at full speed and he side swiped him with his arm, fell, and he said he could just hear it tare...ouch! He was bummed so were sure to give him lost of support and hugs after the game. I was still such a proud wife.
They played a tough game and gave Bellmont a run for their money. Many of our good players were injured and they ended up losing, not by much though. I don't recall what the final score was. This put them in the running for 3rd and 4th place against Life. They also lost that game which made it so they got 4th place at Nationals. We decided not to go to that game since Chris would not be playing and I did not want to be pulling into Wyoming at 3 am with kids. We all were proud though because they were not even said to make it this far, they truly were the underdog. What a honor it was to be at Nationals this year!
We took lots of photos after the game even though it was raining. Chris let me have his Rugby jacket which was like a dress on me but oh well it kept me warm. I sure do love this man of mine and am truly amazed on how he can take 36 credit hours, put in hours at practice, still be a wonderful dad, and lets not forget be an exceptional Rugby Player. Despite his injury we are excited for next Rugby season. Chris gets his MRI today to see if he needs surgery or what the extent of the damage is. Keep your fingers crossed. He takes finals this week and then will join us in Wyoming next Friday. We are stoked to be done with 2nd tri and to have the break together. Hurry up Palmer with finals...Good Luck Christian!

4 comments:

denise said...

Wow. That sounds like quite an adventure. I hope Chris is okay!

Kimber said...

yes, adventure it sure sounds like! good job with hauling those kids around everywhere! next time we see chris he's going to have to describe the game to us bc everytime casey and i see or watch rugby we don't understand a single thing!!!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Wow what a cool trip! Glad you got to see so much family and I hope Chris's arm is doing well!

Nicole said...

i hope Chris's arm gets back to normal soon! great post--such cute pictures! i hope you have a great time on the rest of your trip!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity