Thursday, March 11, 2010

Heavenly Anniversary

State Cheerleading 8 years ago today...one of the most memorable moments was when we took one of the State Championships but I did not know this would be the last time I would see, hug, or kiss my dear MOTHER! That following Monday my brother Kirby and I were called to the office only to be told that we were to go immediately home. I was hesitant because I had already missed so much school because of our Cheerleading competition and asked if I could just call home or something. The office lady was very stern and said, "no its so important that you go home." I believe my Papa was gone for something so Kirby and I were hoping that he was safe and everything was ok, it never crossed our minds that it would be our MOM! As we arrived home and opened the door to cross the threshold we saw my beloved Nanny weeping. It was really hard to see her like that. She was crying so hard she could barely speak but she managed to tell us that our Mother has past away. We all hugged each other with remorse...I wish now I would have opened up more about my feelings because my heart was hurting so bad. Kirby called my brother Kody to tell him the sad news because at the time he was living somewhere else, its was hard to tell him because just 2 days before that it was his birthday. The night was silent and weird yet we had many visitors and friends that came by to share their condolences. All my rah- rah friends came over as a team and gave me the cutest card and helped to "cheer me up." What we did not know at the time is that another team members MOM would pass away the next day as well. The next morning I got up to some more horrible news that my dear friend and team mate Will's mom had also past away. AAhhh it was seriously the most dreadful year and the sadness of everything was taking over me. Sometimes during class I would just start crying for no apparent reason I could barley hold it together for even a day. I was not just sad for me but I was more sad for my friend Will. It was nice to have a Friend to grieve with and just to know really how each other felt. It's true that no one can comprehend the pain you feel unless you have lived through it. I was always wanting to relive the state cheer moment again, just to see her one last time. The following year when we went back to compete again...it was really hard to even go back there. Wow, I just can't believe its been 8 years, almost a decade! It hard to even say its been 8 years or to even think about it. Writing about it is therapy for me and helps me thorough the grieving process. Yes its still hard and I still grieve over the loss, I am not sure that it ever gets "easier." I was reading my scriptures tonight and came across this one..."But there is a Resurrection therefore the grave hath no victory and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ. He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." Mosiah 16: 8-9. Even in my darkest hour Christ was my light and Savior. I know where my Mom is and because of Christ Resurrection I know I will be with her again one day. I bet she makes the most beautiful angel;) I am missing her like crazy right now...I love you Mom.
Note: The pic above is my mom and I being crazy together like always!

11 comments:

rachael said...

Thanks for sharing Kari, you will be with her again!

Nicole said...

That would have to be so hard-I can't even imagine. The gospel is so comforting-what would we do without it!

Erica Jessop said...

How does anyone get through something like that without the gospel!! I am so so so sorry to hear that you lost your mom-how torturous that must have been and still is I am sure! She must be smiling down on you so proud of the MOM that you are!

Devon & Kale said...

I remember those few days as well...very, very sad times. But I'm glad that you are able to write about it all these years later:)

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

I don't know how you did it! Bless your heart! I'm so glad you can write about it and help yourself get through it!! Prayers and hugs!

Mele said...

What a strong woman you are! I admire your unrestrained passion for what you love and what you believe. The world needs more people like you!

Brooke Carroll said...

Thanks for sharing, Kerri. I didn't know that it has been almost 8 years! Wow...I hope you are feeling okay and that you know she loves you and you WILL get to see her again! I feel for you and Nate too, because he knows how it feels! :( You are a really strong person, thanks for always being so open and sharing your testimony. It really does help strengthen mine :)

amy said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I had no idea you lost your mom. I'm so sorry. She would be so proud of you... you are an AMAZING MOM!

Sarah Bogh said...

Oh Death is such a hard thing and even with the passing of time it can still seem like you are in that moment all over again. I'm sorry for your loss but am so glad you have the Gospel and can feel the amazing comfort and peace it brings. its so great to know we will see our loved ones again!

Green River High School said...

Gosh, I remember all of this ALL too clearly. It's crazy to think it was 8 years ago. WOW. I'm glad that you have such a strong testimony of the resurrection and the plan. I hated those 2 days :(

The Druces' said...

Wow, do I remember this day! I CANNOT believe it was 8 yrs. ago! Think of your growth Kerri!I am so grateful that you know the truth and the realities that you will see her again! :) Wow. I sure do miss you love!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity