Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sunday's

I LOVE LOVE LOVE SUNDAY'S!
1. Its like "Time Out" for me, to get away from the world.
2. It's the only day my husband is home ALL DAY. He takes the boys and lets me sleep in or have a nap when we get home from Church.
2. Its the only day out of the week that I actually get dressed, put make-up on, and do my hair, the rest of the week PJ's are my best friend.
3. Its the only day that I actually get to have a conversation with other women or even adults... usually my company consist of people two and under...enough said!
4. It's the only day that I really get to "be still." You know how life can be so chaotic and its just the day to relax with family, reflect on all your blessing, and to remember the Savior.
Thank You Sunday's! I look forward to them each week.
(Me sporting the Sunday Best)
It's always fun to try and keep 2 little boys happy while preparing for Church. Both of them do enjoy Church music though. When I put it on Porter usually never cries, and Treyson usually tries to sing along. We have the 1pm Church which falls right at nap time...this makes Church hard sometimes but nevertheless its still my favorite day of the week.
Church is about 15-20 minuets away unlike in Utah where it was not even a minuet away....this calls for a lot of planning to try and get out the door on time. We have been doing pretty good, we always try and get to Church about 10 min early so we can wind Trey down and get a good seat...I can't stand sitting the back, I can't see number one, second I just feel I learn more if I sit closer.
(Chris strutting his Sunday Best)
Speaking of SUNDAYS.....
I was called to the Young Women Presidency. I am the now the second counselor and I could not be more thrilled! I love Young Women's...maybe because I still feel like one myself, but I really do enjoy the Young Women Program. I have never had a huge calling in the Church and I would always tell Chris if I were to have one I would want it to be with the Young Women. I just feel like I can relate to them and just enjoy all the fun ages and stages they are at in their lives. I can not tell you have excited I am..plus this mean I get to go to GIRLS CAMP! Yippee! I also am looking forward to spending my Wednesday night at mutual. I was only in Young Women's for a year but I enjoyed it so much and the knowledge I learned there, I have taken with me through the years. I had the biggest support system and will never forget the fellow sister that rooting me on. I pray that I can be an asset to the Presidency and teach these Young Women that they are Daughters of God. I feel this to be a big responsibility but I am up for the task! I have awesome women to work with who all have kids about the same ages as mine which will make it fun. Chris supports me 100% and for that I am grateful. I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven to entrust me with such a great calling. I love the Lord and his Gospel. Oh yes did I mention that I LOVE SUNDAYS!

8 comments:

The E's said...

I'm jealous! I really wanted to be called to YW in my ward too. I think it would be way fun! Congrats on your calling! You'll be a great YWs leader!

Unknown said...

That's awesome. Congratulations. I just got called to be the Beehive advisor and I am way thrilled.
Unlike you guys, the back row is our very favorite for the fact that we can run right out when Dax acts out. So glad you have the privilege of sitting in the front. I want to do that so bad. Someday:) You are looking so dang good girl. Can't believe how skinny you are already. Good job. Have a great time in Young womens.

A Country Girl and A Southern Boy said...

Kerri,
That is awesome you got called to YW. I have been in the YW Presidency now for 3 years, and I love it. You will have to post any cute ideas or fun activities that you guys do. We are always looking for funs stuff for the YWs.

Cody and Camille said...

I love being in YW too! It is such a fun calling! We will have to swap some ideas.

Lindsay said...

I really enjoyed your post. I would love to be in Young Womens someday- I totally agree with you. You will be such a great help to those girls and I'm sure they will just love you. You are so cute!

Castillon04 said...

That is a fun calling, you will be good at it! My Sundays are the craziest days of all because I am a nursery teacher, pure chaos for 2 hours straight!!! AAHHH!! But somehow I still love Sundays too! I'll call ya this week to play...

Aundrea and Spencer said...

Love reading this post! I haven't seen you forever but I can just tell you are a rock! And congrats on YW! I was a secretary in my last ward and loved it! You will be so much fun for the girls!

Nicole said...

cute post! sundays can be exhausting sometimes getting 2 boys ready and all that goes with that, but I do love the lift that it gives me...and i agree w/ ya...it's nice to get dressed up and feel like a woman again! :-) We are so excited to work w/ you--you're going to be great... i love your enthusiasm--it is contagious!

btw, i swear i am not that tall! i look like a giant in those pics! lol. just wait until i wear my 4 inch heals. watch out! :-)

Welcome to YW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity