Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Unfortunate Events

It has been chaos around the Price house lately and some unfortunate things have taken place. First, We had a big scare with Treyson and thought he got lead poisoning. I was cutting the missionaries hair down stairs and Trey was just playing like always. Chris saw something in his mouth and sure enough it was paint chips off the our piping down stairs. I guess he must have gone behind the washer and dryer and peeled it off. Paint chips are really sweet tasting to kids so he probably thought it was candy or something..LOL! Anyways Chris thought he got all of it out of his mouth and that he did not swallow any but we were wrong. That night he threw up about 10 times. It was sad but at the same time he would throw up he would laugh, just leave it to Trey to still smile and laugh when he is not feeling well. The next morning he was really delirious and he would not eat much so I called the doctor to get him in to the lab for a test. This was horrifying for Trey. He hates to be restrained and I had to hold him back so much. He was kicking the nurses and screaming so loud, it was so sad. He kept shouting "OWIE MOMMY!" On top of all that we had the nurse in training, I mean I know she has to learn sometime but seriously it was getting annoying. She was spilling blood every where and it took twice as long as it was supposed to and Treyson was already so mad and it was getting harder and harder to hold him back. We were finally done and Treyson was dripping wet from all the tears and sweat so we bought him a treat for being such a good boy. We had to wait a day to get the results but thankfully it came back negative. Yes now people can make fun that we did feed our child paint chips as a kid...LOL!
Second, our poor Porter Bear has been really sick. He had just a little cold and I thought nothing of it really...I mean kids always have runny noses ya know! I was scheduled for his 2 month check up and when the doctor listen to his lungs and said they did not sound quite right so he did some testing and said his oxygen level was below normal. I was so shocked and told him that if I thought it was something major I would have brought him in sooner! They diagnosed him with bronchiolitis. We had him tested for RSV but we are glad that test came back negative. For the first couple of days we had to have him on a nebulizer every four hours and now we are doing it three times a day. I was shocked he even got sick because we never go anywhere only to Church and no body else holds him. We have been wanting to get him into the Chiropractor ever since we found out he had a little case of torticollis. We have been doing a lot of stretching and using our magnetics which have helped a lot, but still wanted the Chiro to take a look at him. Basically to make a long story short, when Port was born he had a weird reaction to the stuff they put in their eyes when they are born and because of this we had to have him on an antibiotic to get rid of the infection in his eyes... so therefore because of that it lowered his immune system..hence why the sickness has hit him so hard! We got him adjusted and have him a a pro biotic which Chris and I take anyways but we did not know that you could give it to an infant. A pro biotic just builds up the good bacteria in your system. We have been using a lot of our magnetics too which have helped a ton. When we took Porter back to the doctor today he told us that 90% of babies with bronchiolitis develop ear infections and RSV or their breathing gets so bad they have to be hospitalized. He was seriously amazed on how fast he was recovering! We have a another Chiro appointment tomorrow to make sure he is holding the adjustment well. Porter will not get any of his vaccines until he is 100% better so we do not jack up his system even more. I will keep you posted. Until then I am so thankful that my little dude is doing much better.
Third, on top of all of this Chris pulled his hamstring at Rugby practice. So basically I have been taking car of 3 babies...a screaming toddler, a crying baby, and a whinny big guy...LOL! For a couple of days it was hard for Chris to walk or bend over or anything really so I had to do a lot for him which I did not mind but it gets a little hard when you have to take care of 2 other little people too! His hamstring is doing much better now and again we are thanking our magnetics! Usually when you pull your hami it bruises and becomes really tight. None of that happened and the Physical therapist was stoked and and surprised. We told him what we used and his reply was, "so your going back to the roots of Chiropractic." And Chris's reply was, "YES because it never fails us ever." How grateful I am that we have things in our home that we can use to help us along when things like this happen!
Honestly all of this has left me absolutely EXHAUSTED. With all of these events happening it has just made me so very very tired. I hate the tired feeling it is one of the worst feelings in the world I would have to say. I don't think I have gotten ready in the past 2 weeks, I have laundry stacked to mount Everest, dirty dishes in the sink, and my house looks like train hit it. I have not has much motivation to do anything really nor have I found the time with everything that has happened. Oh well...this is a story of a MOTHERS life sometimes right, tired chaos is what I like to call it!
I am just trying to take it one day at a time and also just trying to find joy in the journey. I know I need to be thankful that I even have laundry to do, dishes in the sink, and children's cries to listen and answer to, but in the moment I do not think like that most of the time. I am doing my best but yet sometimes I still feel its not good enough. The weeks just seem to blend together and most of the time I do not even know what day it is.... the day has come and gone and I feel I have done absolutely nothing yet I am so very fatigued. Anyone else feel the same? Anyways I love my family and I am so thankful for my Father in Heaven, I could not get through these times with out him...my best friend!

9 comments:

Alicia Steere said...

Kerri, you are super woman! I have a question about the magnetics and the probiotic that you guys have...what are they!? Let me know on facebook! :) I hope that Porter gets to feeling better, poor guy. I am glad that Trey is doing so good too! And Chris, glad that he is able to move around a bit more. We all have our "mommy moments" of exhaustion, but you have the right attitude...at least we have the dishes, laundry, crying kids, etc. I just had to vent the other day on facebook...it is hard, but we have to pull through and realize that they are blessings!!! I wish we lived closer so I could help!!!

Becca and Justin said...

sorry about your sick family:(

denise said...

Kerri,

It is also so scary and sad when little babies get sick! I'm glad that in both cases it turned out not to be that big of a scare.

Cut yourself some slack. It is hard being a Mommy to a new baby, period. So if he gets sick then you have to take care of the baby--not clean the house. (Of course I need to take my own advice, lol.)

Sara said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this! Sometimes it seems like it's pouring, and you don't have an umbrella, and you're not sure if it will ever stop. I admire your attitude, and need to try to think the same way. And by the way, I wish I looked as good as you do when you don't even have a chance to get ready! ;-) Good luck and I hope everyone is well and happy soon!

Nicole said...

I'm glad that everyone is recovering better than thought! Now it's your turn! You do such a good job at taking care of your boys--they are so blessed to have you!

Erica Jessop said...

Oh Kerri I remember feeling that way after Baylee was born it won't be this exhausting forever I PROMISE!! It is just so hard when they are young, and seriously when it rains it pours!! Just make sure you are leaving time for yourself I am here for you!!! Hang in there you are such a good mommy!

Kimber said...

ker! that all sounds so hard! keep hanging int here! you'll make it! wish we were closer so we could come help you!

Mele said...

I'd like to hear about your magnetics...I'm curious. And yes, I feel the same way! Like I have a million things to do and can't get any of them done. Some days I'm doing good if I can just keep the kids clean and fed! LOL I read the Seven Habits of Highly Effecive People by Stephen R. Covey and in it he strongly emphasized how being a mother is the most important thing in the world! That this is #1 priority. It helps to hear things like this on rough days. That we will make a difference in this world by being good mothers, teaching our children and bringing them up right.
Hang in there, spring is just around the corner!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Wow what a week! I am so sorry to hear of all the stress! I hope you get some good sleep soon! Wish you guys the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity