Friday, January 22, 2010

Our Danny

It is Chris's dear brother Danny's Birthday today. Dan was born with multiple disabilities including being blind, deaf, and autistic. I have never personally met him but oh how I wish I could have. When Chris talks about his brother his eyes light up, his whole stature changes...he really can not speak about him with tearing up. Dan was my husbands HERO and because of him Chris is the man he is today. As Chris says he was a "Stripling Warrior!" Dan said everything with a hug, he would hug you so tight that you could really feel his love for you. Dan taught Chris so much about himself, they were best buddies! Everyone that ever took care of Dan always had such inspiring things to say about him, how kind, loving, and special he was. He was truly amazing. Dan past away when Chris was serving his mission at the age of 29 which was amazing because the doctors said he would supposed live past birth. I know that Chris misses him so much and for some reason I miss him too. There are so many things I want to say to him...thank him really, for just being the person he was. I feel changed just by knowing of him. He makes me want to be better, to stand a little taller, to love everyone as he did. On Dan's grave stone it reads.."Well done thou good and faithful servant." He was truly the Lords servant in his short time here on earth. There are so many wonderful things to say about this great man but I will just leave it at this.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANO! We love and miss you more than words can say. Give a kiss to Dad Russel and the Grandparents for us.
When God calls children
To dwell with Him above,
We mortals sometimes question
The wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with
The death of one's child
Who does so much to make our world
Seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling
The aged to His fold,
So He picks a rosebud
Before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them,
And so he takes but few
To make the land of heaven
More beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
Still somehow we must try
The saddest word mankind knows
Will always be "Goodbye."
So when a child departs,
We who are left behind
Must realize God loves children,
Angels are hard to find.
This song reminds us of Dan....

6 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

Very touching... I got all teary eyed. I can just tell how much spirit he has and can tell how he touched everyone's life through your words...

Erica Jessop said...

That was beautiful Kerri thanks for sharing!

Horrocks Fam said...

Kerry,
I have been horrible at blogging lately, but was pleasantly surprised when I finally did check it! It looks like you and your little family have grown.... and moved! Congrats on the new little one. He is darling!

I also loved your post about Dan! I bawled my eyes out as I read it. Dan is amazing. I'm sure he'll be so happy to meet you one day. He will love you, as you will love him! Thanks again for the post....it made my day! Maybe now I should update my blog.....

Erin

Horrocks Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Horrocks Fam said...

Sorry to leave another comment, but I just had to say that I totally know that hug you are talking about....it was the best thing in the whole world!

Also, sorry I always spell your name wrong. For some reason I want to spell it with a "y." I'll get it right one of these times!

Erin

Curtis and Jen said...

That story gives me the chills. My parents have a sweet person with disabilites that has lived with our family for over ten years. He always has a special place in everyones heart just like Dan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity