Monday, December 14, 2009

We have a 2 year old!

We had fun celebrating Treyson 2nd Birthday. We had a CARS Party for him and invited some of our close friends. It was crazy hectic but a good time to say the least. We did it in our "ghetto" basement because we knew it was going to get messy and it did, candy, cake, pop, pizza...everywhere! The cement floors made it so easy to clean up afterward. Trey was happy because his best friend Ryker came...at the beginning of the party Ryker cried for him Mom and so Trey started crying, it was so cute to see Chris comfort them both. We had a Pinata and and it was really cute to watch the kids hit it. We opened presents and Trey was excited about all his toys and played with them all night long. I was exhausted, who would of thought that a 2 year old birthday party could be so tiring.
Happy Birthday Treyson!
We made a new family tradition that we do not decorate for Christmas until after Trey's birthday to keep it special and separated from the holidays and then just leave them up longer. Trey loved the decorations too much and we figured out fast that we could not put a lot up. He has dumped the tree over a couple of times, taken everything off, broke decorations, and messed up the Nativity! HAHA, what would you expect from a 2 year old right? With nursing I can not get to him as fast as I need to so we just decided to have a "plain Christmas" so to speak! We were going to go home for the holidays this year but decided not to because we get a month off over the summer and thought it would be more fun then, besides we are not home sick yet. Also, because of the roads and how crazy everything has been, we prayed about it and feel its best for our little family this year.
Trey is growing up to fast! He is a cartoon junkie and his favorites are Toy Story, Cars, Horton hears a hoo, Kung fu Panda, Madagascar, Monsters Inc, and Chicken little. I have seriously memorized all of them! He can say little sentences like, "all done mama, watch a movie, I got you, love you, hey dude, what are you doing, how are you, where did mom/dad go, ooppsseys mama, poopy diaper"...lots of other ones but those are just a few. Trey also loves to play with hair, I know when he is tired because he will take his 2 index fingers through his hair. He is obsessed with my hair and any chance he gets he will grab a hold of it. He will come up behind me and just start twirling away, or when I holding him he always has to be holding my hair too. It gets annoying at times but I know one day he will not want to do it anymore so I just let "style away." There is not a day goes by that he does not make me laugh because of all his silliness. I love you buddy!
There are times when you get bitter sweet moments where he throws food everywhere and even though you are angry he looks so darn cute with food all over his face, or when you have asked him 10 times no to touch something and he ends up chucking it clear across the room and says, "oops sorry mommy." His apologies are funny and when he knows he has done something wrong he will just put his hands out for a hug and make the kissing noise to butter you up...LOL!
I know we are in the terrible twos because he throws a couple tantrums a day for me. It is really dramatic and the episode could last for about 5 minuets (it feels like an eternity) but we try and work through them or sometimes I just ignore him and he usually stops pretty quickly. I always try and get down and talk to him like a grown up at his level and explain things but kids will be kids and sometimes I just have to let him cry. I took a picture because I want to show his girlfriends when he older that he was not always such a "macho" man!! LOL!
We sure do love our spud though and are so thankful that he is apart of our family. Now it is on to getting rid of the Binky and potty training! Wish us luck because with this fella I think were going to need it!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cute post and a cute 2-yr-old! Looks like we missed a happening party! Landon would have loved the "cars" theme--he loves lightening mcqueen! but we're glad we didn't spread ky's little cold around-cause Landon now has it!

when are you going to start potty training? I'm starting landon soon and it will be great to have some moral support--i'm scared to death! :-)

Lindsay said...

What a great post! I can't believe he is 2- I remember when you had him like it was yesterday!

Kenzee Jo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREY!! Kids are the best!!

Kimber said...

oh mt goodness he has gotten so big! casey and i were pouting through these pitures that we don't get to even see these 2 boys until forever! hope all is well! love you guys!

Kelli said...

So, having a two-year-old is super fun (as you know, I'm sure). But, the terrible two's are not a myth. I thought Payton started them a couple of months before he turned two, but no, totally got way worse after his birthday. It's like he knew somehow that he had an excuse to act ridiculous. Most of the time he's a good kid, so we're lucky there. Good luck taking the binky away. I don't envy you at all. Payton gave his up when he got his molars because it hurt to suck on it. Lucky us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity