Wow, I can not believe Porter is 3 1/2 weeks old already. He is a good little baby, he has a very mild temperament and just a great little guy. We have had our bad nights but for the most part he is pretty awesome. He does not know how he feels about a swing or a bouncy seat yet, he would rather be held or just lay on a blanket on the floor to look around. As I said before he loves to eat and he already weight 10 1/2 pounds! He has already grown out of the newborn diapers and even some of his outfits...it kinda makes me sad but at the same time I can't wait for him to reach all his fun milestones. The doctor told us that he has a slight case of torticollis because of his shoulder dystocia when he was born which basically means that he prefers to turn his head only one way. We have been doing some stretching and using our magnetics and it has done wonders, we also are going to take him in to the Chiropractor to see if it can't fix the problem. We call him our little "Eskimo and our little Porker Porter!" Have you ever seen such a handsome little boy? I know I am bias but I seriously can't get enough of him, those chunky little cheeks make my heart melt.

We had his newborn pictures taken by my friend Erica and they turned out so good for being her very first newborn shoot. Thanks Erica! Both my boys do not believe in sleeping in pictures for some reason, they are always wide eyed and bushy tailed for the most part...haha!

I wanted to journal why and how we pick our sons name. First off my husband is very picky when it comes to boys names, they have to be masculine, no unisex names, and sound tough so he says! Porter has always been on our name list for boys and we knew that we were using Russel as the middle name no matter what.
Porter = After Porter Rockwell. He was seriously an amazing man in our Church. Chris has always admired him and thought of him as a great role model. I was having second thoughts about the name Porter and Chris told me to read his documentary and after I did I felt the spirit so strong that this is what our sons name should be.
Russel = After Chris Father of course that passed away over 20 years ago in a river rafting accident. His real name was William Russel Price but he went by "Russ." Chris Dad was the most Christlike person and just a good man. His testimony was strong and he loved the Gospel. Everyone that knew him never had a bad thing to say about him. We felt privileged to name our son after him and we pray that Porter will live up to name he has been given, we know that he will!
Porter Russel...the 2 names just go together PERFECTLY!
We love our new little addition even though at times it can be hard. Its such a blessing to be parents to him. God has trusted us with this special little spirit and for that I am truly grateful. I am so thankful to be apart of the Plan of Happiness that God has laid out for us. I love the Gospel and my little family.
12 comments:
He definitely is so cute! My boss cured a little 4 month old of torticollis in just a few adjustments (when their primary doctor told them to get botox in her neck to fix it!) So I am sure it will help!
Loved the pics!! What a handsome little guy. Thanks for sharing :)
Kerri he is seriously so beautiful!!! And the pictures are so good!!! I am glad to hear that he is a good baby and that things are going well.
when are we going to see this cute boy of yours ker?! Everything looks great and fun! loved the collages! you'll have to teach me how to make those! love you guys!
So cute! I love your blog and I love reading your testimony so often. Thank you. Your family is beautiful and I'm so happy for you to have two little boys (and a little jealous =)) Merry Christmas!
such beautiful pictures! he is such a cutie and his hair is gorgeous! his name is really beautiful (and tough :-) what a neat way in the reasoning behind choosing them. He will be so proud of his name when he grows up!
OH WOW!!! Sooo adorable. What a cutie. You guys make dang good lookin kids!!!
He is such a peach Ker!! I love his name too, it fits perfectly!! All of this baby talk...boy oh BOY I can hardly wait till it is my turn!! GEEZE!
He really is so cute!!! And the name flows perfectly.
Porter is seriously so adorable! He is a good mix of both of you. I love your posts and all of your insight! HOpe you guys are doing good!
We'll have another "boy" whenever I get pregnant. Hopefully soon. I usually think I am ready, but then I chickened out. Oops.
You guys look like you are doing great. Porter is adorable and that's so smart to write down about his name so you'll always remember. You guys look like the happiest family!
Post a Comment