The first day and night of bringing a newborn home is always interesting. Porter did pretty well, he is a typical newborn. He does not cry much only when he is hungry. He wakes about every three hours to feed and at night he sometimes will go four. He is a fabulous eater and breastfeeds like its his last meal every time. He is pretty vigorous when it comes to meal time...its actually really cute to watch. He is very different from Trey..Trey cried a lot and it took us working together for about 3 months to get the whole breastfeeding thing down.

Grandma Beth came for a weekend and brought our car and our dog Jax. She was really thrilled that she got to finally meet Porter for the first time. It was nice to have our car back and our mutt. She helped out a lot while she was here, she cleaned my whole basement and would even stay up with Porter while I rested, thanks Mama Beth! Trey was pretty excited too to see his Grandma Beth, they had a lot of fun together.

Porter gives the cutest looks and I swear he has already smiled and grinned at me, I LOVE IT! The first faces they make are always so precious!

Port's first bath did not go so well, does it ever for a newborn? Any tricks from the Mom's out there? He did not like his first bath at all and cried the whole time. I put a warm wash cloth over his hands and keep them together so he wont get scared and flare out and it seemed to help a little bit. His second bath went well and he actually enjoyed it. Treyson did not like his bath until about 2 months! Ha, two very different boys!

The first couple of days are always a struggle, getting to know your baby, his cries, cues, and not to mention entertain a toddler too. I have not done my make up, hair, and I have worn my pj's for the past week and a half, oh well! I am learning as I go to try and be a good Mom to 2 adorable boys. I feel the hardest thing is just giving them equal attention. I am sure I will get it, as for now I am enjoying them so much.

Usually the first week I just keep my babies in pj's the whole time because it just makes life easier and the second week I break out the little out-fits. Porter looked so cute in the ones I put him in. He fills them out really well, he is my little tanker!

We just love our little man and and our so excited he is apart of our little family. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much and has given us another precious gift, a beautiful son! We love our 2 Little boys they are our greatest blessings!
9 comments:
Congratulations!! That is so exciting. Hope things keep going well. Good luck
Congrats you guys! He is so cute!
Congrats Kerri! He is so cute and looks just iike Trey! I would give you the mom-of-the-year award just for having two! You are awesome and I'm sure you'll figure out their schedules soon enough. At the hospital when we do infant baths we clean their body first and they ALWAYS cry for that- I've never seen one not. But then we wrap them up in 2 warm blankets and then wash their hair and they usually love it. Anyways, I don't have a baby yet, but there's my advice from a hospital perspective.
i had the same experience w/ nursing. landon struggled with learning how and Ky was a natural. it made things so nice!
Wow, look at that thick dark hair! What a cutie! We all wished you Price's could have been at the wedding too. Jaden was a great traveler as far as the flight itself and night time sleep. As far as his daytime naps though...oh my! With having to run from place to place it was tough business! Both the groom's dinner and reception ran into his bedtime so he was not happy! Once we got him back to the hotel though he did great and slept through the night. He was screaming in all the family pictures at the temple and reception so that will definitley be a memory!:) Anyways, we'll be doing it all over again in just a few weeks for the holidays so hopefully we can just stick to our guns and get these boys to nap! Can't wait to see you and those darling boys of yours!
Could he be any cuter!?! You have such handsome boys Kerri! I am glad Porter is being such a good little boy! I wish I could squeeze him! Oh and he has the same birthday as Eric! I hope things continue to go well and that you get into the swing of things. Having two is an adjustment for sure. You always seem to handle things so well, I am sure you will have everything figured out soon!
He is a beautiful baby... congrats you two! how awesome to have two little guys, I'm sure they will be buddies! ... I did the same as someone else already said... wash their body, then rap them up tight, and THEN wash their hair and face.. good luck !! so cute!
Keri, he is so cute! What a sweet little boy. I was thinking when you said about how you are learning to juggle two little kids now...I am terrified! I know I still have a long time before our baby is born, but it's just intimidating! I am sure you are doing an amazing job, you are a very nurturing person. I hope things are going very well. Take care and have a very happy Thanksgiving! :D
Kerri, Porter is such a little sweety. You look like you have mastered being a mom of 2. I got Mac's hat at a boutique i went and sold at I had them custome make it i dan't even remember the name so sorry. Have so much fun with your little ones. Seeing those pictures make me want to squeeze Porter, I can't get over how sweet he is.
Lauren
Post a Comment