Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Lone Star & Equality States

After a lot of long discussions, debating, and serious prayers, it has come down to our final decision that it would be best if I stay back for the summer.  Chris will be selling in Austin Texas this season for AMP Alarm and he is really excited!  They have a great team of guys this year and Casey also will be out there with him.  I guess Kimber (Casey fiance) and I will be missing our "loves" for a few months.  I will try and go out and visit once a month, even though we promised to write each other each week.  I know it is going to be so difficult but it is just too hard to move everything out there in a little vehicle with a toddler to an apartment that only has one bed, dresser, couch, and table.  You have to take everything else yourself, so you can see how hard that would be.  Also, now that I am pregnant our insurance only covers up here and I would have to fly back for all the doctor appointments.  Chris just puts it plain and simple that I have a responsibility here as a mother and he has a responsibility there to be a father. 
I did not want to be alone for the whole summer so I decided to move home to Green River with family.  I feel it will make the time go by much faster and I wont be as lonely.  It will also be a chance to spend some quality time before graduate school.  I will be back and forth to Logan a lot for doctor appointment, family events, business, and other matters that I need to take care of.  Chris will actually drive my brothers truck that has been here for a while because of when he stayed with us about six months ago.  My brother will come pick it up in Texas and I will just have our car out here which works out just perfect.  We are still debating whether or not Trey and I will drive out to Texas with Chris since Trey can barley even stand being in the car for more than 3 hours.  If we did that I would go on to Florida with my brother when he came to pick up the truck to visit my Grandparents and then just fly back.  The other option is to just get a plane ticket both ways.  We are counting down the days, 25 to be exact and trying to have a positive attitude.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder and stronger, we just keep telling ourselves it is just for a short while and that it will go by really fast.  So Texas and Wyoming here we come!

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow good luck!!! we just got to DC for our summer adventures...Some of the wives I know have stayed back some summers. I hope it all goes well for you. Atleast you get to go visit every so often.

Shiree said...

Congrats on the new baby!, I'm excited you'll be in G.R. we'll help ya through it! Shiree

Green River High School said...

Oh my heck... that would be so hard! You guys can do it though.. just stay busy! It'll go by so much faster. If you're up in GR when we come up we'll visit ya!

Jonas and Devin said...

Been there done that!! It is hard but you guys will make it just fine - in the grand scheme of things it isn't that long...Congrats on the baby!! You guys do make cute kids!

Jonas and Devin said...

Been there done that!! It is hard but you guys will make it just fine - in the grand scheme of things it isn't that long...Congrats on the baby!! You guys do make cute kids!

bjjames said...

Ker...I about cried when I was reading this. I seriously could feel the emotion. You two have an amazing relationship that could survive anything. Keep smiling that beautiful smile and take full advantage of the next 25 days with him. Good luck. Love ya

bjjames said...

P.S. Love the new layout!

Kenzee Jo said...

That would be so hard! I hate being away from my Kris for a day...especially being pregnant... Good luck with everything!!

Becca and Justin said...

Bummer Ker! It's good that you'll be with your family at least. I'm sure Biggs will miss having his wife there though! Good luck!

Carlie said...

I totally feel your pain

ashley said...

Let me know when you get to GR. We'd love to see you and we'll have to play ... we spend lots of time at the parks in the summer!

Jena said...

What's your time frame in Green River? I'm thinking about going back for the summer for a weekend to visit my Dad's grave and staying in Rock Spring. Perhaps we could get together and have lunch or just hang out and catch up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity