WOW, what a crazy past couple of days....
After I made lunch I walk upstairs to get the boys to eat. I found Mr. Kreed with a full bottle of chewable baby aspirin that was empty! I had been clearing out old medicine, lotions, ect we don't use and he stacked things up to reach them. AHHH! I kind of went into panic mode. I got on the phone with poison control, and they told me that they did not think it was necessary to take him into the ER, so I watch him all day. He was seriously fine, nothing wrong, just his happy cheerful self. Later that night I noticed he started crying like he was in a lot of pain and then he threw up for the first time. This had been 6 hours after he ate the aspirin. I called poison control again, like they ordered me to if he threw up. They said again, that they would just try and feed him and see if I could get liquid down him. Well, he vomited over and over and over. He was very lethargic and was shaking so then they said it was best to take him in. I wish I would of just listen to my instincts and took him right away. I tried giving him activated charcoal but he would not take it. Activated charcoal is good for any type of poisoning. So here we were off to the ER! Curious little boy minds are bound to lead us here once or twice a year.
After I made lunch I walk upstairs to get the boys to eat. I found Mr. Kreed with a full bottle of chewable baby aspirin that was empty! I had been clearing out old medicine, lotions, ect we don't use and he stacked things up to reach them. AHHH! I kind of went into panic mode. I got on the phone with poison control, and they told me that they did not think it was necessary to take him into the ER, so I watch him all day. He was seriously fine, nothing wrong, just his happy cheerful self. Later that night I noticed he started crying like he was in a lot of pain and then he threw up for the first time. This had been 6 hours after he ate the aspirin. I called poison control again, like they ordered me to if he threw up. They said again, that they would just try and feed him and see if I could get liquid down him. Well, he vomited over and over and over. He was very lethargic and was shaking so then they said it was best to take him in. I wish I would of just listen to my instincts and took him right away. I tried giving him activated charcoal but he would not take it. Activated charcoal is good for any type of poisoning. So here we were off to the ER! Curious little boy minds are bound to lead us here once or twice a year.
While we were there they had to take a blood sample to see how much aspirin was actually in his body. It was hard for them to get a sample because his veins kept collapsing due to dehydration and blood thinning. It was so sad how many times they had to poke him:( Well, come to find out it was WAY above what we thought. 48, when an original dose is about 18. No wonder he was so sick. It was all like a bad dream.
They told us that we were going to have to take him downtown Meridian to Pediatrics to be treated for a salicylic acid overdose basically. We got to take an ambulance ride! Kreed actually thought this was pretty cool. LOL! I was totally unprepared. Had nothing packed for myself or Kreed but what do you do? Yup, never a dull moment.
Here is Kreed hooked up to all his machines. We lucky they did not have to do the sodium bicarbonate in the IV because his levels never exceeded past 50. He was just on fluids and they just took blood samples every 2-4 hours. I refused the pain meds because I did not want to put more chemicals in his body.
Kreed despised the nurses and doctors. Every time they would come in he would just start crying immediately. They poked him so much that he has bruises all over his arms. It was really sad. His levels were staying the same for a while so I told Christian to bring the oils. Cilantro and Cypress are known to leach out poisons. I made a little concoction with those oils, along with some frankincense oil and put it on his spine. His levels dropped from 33 all the way to 20! They were pretty impressed with how much it dropped. Also, he finally peed after I did the oils too, we were going to have to do a catheter and I wanted to avoid that at all costs. I continued to do this and his final level was 2! WOW! Of course I did not tell them what I was doing because I did not feel like getting into a debate when my main focus was my son.
When his levels dropped he started being more of himself with his sweet little smiles.
He started playing toys and wanting interact more. Honestly, the little hospital gown was so cute.
He was really happy when the IV got to come out, and he could be in his own pj's! Isn't he just a stud? Yes he only liked his bed to play in, not sleep. LOL, see the mischievous face coming back? 

Half the time I had 2 kids with me. We did not have anyone to watch Porter for the first little bit so it was interesting trying to entertain them. At least they had some toys and things. Fun times at the hospital...LOL! The nurses were all so nice, I swear they should get paid more then doctors!
Love him!!!
We slept a lot since they woke him up so much in the night, and he was happy to be co-sleeping again! They would not let us go home until they watch him for another day so we just hung out. Also, I started thinking about when Porter drank half the bottle of oregano EO, or when Treyson ate the whole bottle of homeopathic. I never had to worry since they were natural. I realized synthetic medicine can be deadly, even if its only baby aspirin.
I am grateful to my ward family, who stepped up to help our family with our other kids. Meals, taking and picking up from school, phone calls, text, ect. I seriously am so grateful. I am thankful for modern medicine and technology in emergency situations such as this. I am also grateful for my knowledge in alternative medicine and that I could speed his recovery up. Yes, mother of the year award goes to me! I seriously felt so guilty. We don't even have any of the stuff in the house and the one time we do and it's in view, this little stinker has to get it! Kids love to explore especially with their mouths and eat everything! My kids have eaten the craziest things but it's never resulted in this. First time for everything right?
Moral of the story: Even if you think it's child proof it's not.
We are finally home and I am playing catch up. I have not showered in 2 days, laundry is piled up, my house is mess, ect. I am exhausted! Guess what though? I have a happy healthy little boy and I am so grateful for that. These boys were raising sure keep us on our toes. Im sure we will have more times like these, and the best thing I can do is have a good attitude. Im sure we will laugh at this in years to come, but during, ya it stunk a big one. I am just so glad that my little Kreedster is ok.
Never a dull moment, that is for sure:)
Moral of the story: Even if you think it's child proof it's not.
We are finally home and I am playing catch up. I have not showered in 2 days, laundry is piled up, my house is mess, ect. I am exhausted! Guess what though? I have a happy healthy little boy and I am so grateful for that. These boys were raising sure keep us on our toes. Im sure we will have more times like these, and the best thing I can do is have a good attitude. Im sure we will laugh at this in years to come, but during, ya it stunk a big one. I am just so glad that my little Kreedster is ok.
Never a dull moment, that is for sure:)







1 comment:
How scary!! So glad everything is ok with your cute boy.
Post a Comment