It was a sad day for America on Nov. 6th.
Obama won his re-election.
It's a shame America will not get the opportunity to have the leadership of Romney and Ryan. America really needed them. My family really needed them to win. They would of done so good for the Economy. I am very worried about our families future especially when it comes to small business.
They said the main reason was the minority vote since the demographics of America has changed so much. I also blame the media and Obama smear campaign. He ran it on little things and demonized Romney so badly. Romney message was just about the economy and how he could fix it--nothing more. I respect Romney so much for not stooping to the sleaze level with his attacks back on Obama. It was mostly on his record and that deserved slander. Mitt was not doing this for the office, money or to live in the White house. He was doing it because he felt that he loves his country and wanted to offer his experience in turning things around. He did not have to run again but he felt a moral obligation to at least try. Romney is a good man and would have made an elite President.
Bottom line in my opinion people voted for entitlement instead of empowerment. They voted for freebies instead of Freedom. We have more takers then givers in the world now and its just a shame. Tell me this when the rich get poorer does the poorer get richer? Nope. When you take from one to give to another is that "fairness" regardless of how hard someone has worked for their merits? No. It's too bad really that society has changed so much.
As a member of the LDS faith I am so thankful that I know the plan. Romney's concession speech and the Church's statement has one clear message. We need to pray for the president because we face some hard hard times ahead. I hope and pray Obama reaches across the isle and gets things accomplished. I can honor the office of the president because it is what God ordained. However, I cannot or do not have to honor what Obama does. I can (& do), however, pray for him and this country.
Romney/Ryan may have lost but they were defeated with dignity. Obama supporters (not all) were so un classy after his reelection. My husband even received hate mail and a lot of post on facebook were just so uncalled for. I guess people really did vote for revenge and not love of country because if they did truly love the United States I don't feel people would of acted so arrogant or ignorant. Saying hateful things and gloating never helps anyone. If people feel this much animosity and malice then they are truly what is wrong with America especially after winning. I wish people would show more character because really they just make themselves look foolish since there was nothing to prove.
With all that has happened I hope we stop all the bickering, hatred and nonsense and come together for the greater good for America. I did not want 4 more years. My family will be so deeply effected in a bad way...it already has. Having said that. Cheer up fellow patriots! We shall prevail. God Bless America!



1 comment:
Amen to that Kerri! I completely agree and couldn't have stated it better. The only thing we can do now is pray, for we know what the Lord's plan is and all we need is faith and obedience to that plan.
Post a Comment