Friday, August 24, 2012

Official Pre-School

Treyson started school...can you believe our little boy is growing up? He missed the cut off last year so we just did a little joy school program with him. Now he officially in preschool and now I am a "school" mom. He is going to Trinity Lutheran. Its a great school centered around Christ. Its very structured and I have been really impressed with it. Trey got a grant to go to this private school which is so awesome. He goes everyday from 11:30 to 2:30. We got to attened unpack your backpack before he started to get the know the teachers and see the classroom. Treyson did not want to leave.
2 of his friends from Church are in his  same class. It's working out perfect. I take him everyday along with his friend Ryker and then Rykers Mom picks up. We have a pretty good system set in place. 

I am not sure how I felt about Treyson going to school. In a way I was sad since I know I would miss him but I was also so happy for him. He has been talking about going to "real school" for 6 months now. He has been doing so well at home on directions and obedience so I was really just excited because he was so excited.

Of course we had to take the "official" frist day of school pictures. 
Porter honestly has been having a rough time with this. He is Treyson's shadow and they are just best buddies. He wants to go to school too just like his brother.  They are so sweet. 
Treyson was super excited about his transformer "bumblebee" backpack! 
3 little amigos right before we took Big brother to school! 
When I took Treyson in to school he did not even say goodbye to me, thats how excited he was. It was no big deal to him...LOL! There a was being a wuss and trying not to cry. Meanwhile Porter is whaling saying, "I want to go to school too, I want to be with Treyson!" He went right in and starting his coloring work book. I think the whole day I was a nervous wreck hoping he had a great 1st day experience. 
I guess Trey's first day did not go so well as I had hoped. I got his report from his teacher and he basically was a menace. I felt embarrassed and like a horrible parent. I know it was the first day and maybe was it. He has been doing so well  with listening and folowing directions so I was really shocked at his behavior at school.  Here I was thinking he was going to do so awesome since he has been such a good boy. We spoke to Treyson and he had some major consequences at home and lots of constructive critizim was given. The next day he did better but not totally. It was a working progress. We set up a system with is teacher that he would get stickers if he made good choices and if he got 2 then he would get a reward at home. I was so proud of Treyson when he came home with 3 stickers since he only had to get 2 to get his reward! He had an exceptional day and was such a good boy! I knew he could do it! He requested and "ice cream party." Not sure what was expected o
f me to put on an ice cream party so I just stuck a candle in the ice cream  and made up a song about him being good at school...LOL! I know corny...He love it though. We both win:) I don't mind making big deals about the little things hes doing right because thats just what Mom's do:) For the most part he is doing well but the teacher said he still has his moments. She is impressed with his improvement so far. 

:::SIGH:::
They grow up too darn fast don't they?  I am so thankful I get to witness every second of it...the good and the not so good:)
YAY for back to school! 

1 comment:

Kimber said...

can't believe he has officially begun! how crazy! his mohawk made me laugh, oh that child... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity