Thursday, March 22, 2012

Last Update on Baby BOY!

Before I start I would like to announce that we are "swagger wagon" (van) owners. Yes it is official! We never in our life thought we would own a van but when it came to reliability, gas prices, and room we decided that we should become a van family. We got a great deal on a 2008 Honda Odyssey which it only had 30,000 miles on it. The car fax on it was the best rating we have ever seen so we just jumped right on it and purchased it. The boys really loved it and I can honestly say that we love it too. Chris said that, "we are really pimpin' now!" It it really an awesome vehicle and I am just glad we have a car to bring our baby home in.

Yesterday....
I had my regular appointment with an NST which baby passed with flying colors and my fluid was around 6 something. I have been leaking more so I figured that would be the case. My favorite midwife Pam saw me and with teary eyes she basically told me that she would not feel right letting me go over the weekend and if something did happen then she could never forgive herself. They worry when the fluid drops to a 5 or below because this can put compression on the cord and also make it possible for placenta eruption, infection and other risks. Christian exclaimed to me that he had been feeling strongly that we should have him sooner then later and not wait anymore. He felt that we had made it so far so the risk of having him early have dropped and the other risks have went up. My hub has always had the best intuition and listens to the spirit so when he told me this then I began to feel the same way. Bottom line, I am scared to have an early baby. I also feel somewhat defeated on how I wanted my birth to go this time. This was not my plan and I just feel so overwhelmed and afraid about the whole thing. Its a whole lot of "what if this" "what if that." Coming from a Mother who has normal 40 weekers these feelings are to be expected and the midwife understood that. My midwife was not pushy at all and told me that it was basically our decision but she felt that it should also happen sooner then later. She cleared me to basically do whatever I could to start labor naturally but if that did not work then we would do a cervical gel to soften my cervix if I was not already dilated and start me on Pit. If the cervical gel does nothing then I have the option to wait a couple more days. My Doula and I are going to do everything we can to start the labor naturally which I hope it works because I do not want the pit drip. I might even do some Zumba to kick start things...why not? LOL! All I want is a healthy baby boy so if comes down to it I will do anything to get him here safely.
36 weeks during my NST..

Today...
They wanted to check my cervix to see if I was even dilated since we would have to start the cervical gel late tonight. I saw one of the other midwives, Beth who delivered Porter. I asked if she would check me again for GBS (group B strep) since the last time I got checked was 5 weeks ago and she told me that once test positive they always have to give me more antibiotics. This was a bummer since you know how I feel about antibiotics, IV's, ect. Anyway, she checked me and I was 2cm dilated which meant there was no need for the cervical gel tonight. I was happy about that but if I was still at nothing I would defiantly want the cervical gel. I am at a -2 station which is not super bad and she did confirmed that I still have a sack in front of the babies head. This is good and probably why I have gone so long with out infection and been able to keep fluid in there. My leak must be extremely high. She said my cervix is nice and soft so I am assuming this means I am pretty well effaced. She did not actually tell me how much I was effaced, I forgot to ask.  Again, they said this was such an miraculous situation and that I should feel like a proud Mama for making it this far. I do. My goal was 36 weeks, 37 week would have been better but I will take 36 if it means me avoiding a c-section and other problems with my baby. I actually hoped for the 23rd or the 30th since both of our other kids have neat birthdays with same numbers like 12/12 and 11/11....now his bday will be 3/23:) Not that it really matters what day he got here but it's still kind of neat. My Doula plans to come over tonight to try and get labor started for me so we will see what happens. If that does not work I will be going in at 7am to have a baby...either way we are having our son in the next 48 hours!

Let the natural induction begin!!

We have had so much help from our ward with the boys which has made our lives much easier to deal with this situation. We could not say thank you enough for everyone who has served us through this tyring time. I would lie if I said I was not nervous about tomorrow but in the reality of things I honestly feel very blessed with how things have panned out for our little family. Though this has been one of the most hardest things we have endured our Heavenly Father has been mindful of us...we have felt his love more then ever. I am excited to meet our new little one and experience the magic of giving birth to another one of God's special spirits. We will soon be parents to 3 little boys. WOW!

Here is the last peek of him before we welcome him into the world...
Until then thank you all for your concern, comments, and prayers in regards to our family.   

6 comments:

Sara said...

You have done an awesome job, and I'm so glad you've had the support you needed (and some divine help, too!) to keep that little guy cooking! You're going to do just great, and I can't wait to see pictures and hear how it all went. I will pray for your labor to start naturally, so you can be as intervention-free as possible in this case! But even with all the interventions in the world, you still end up with a sweet little baby that has been waiting so long for his chance at this earth life!

John and Anna said...

Wishing you lots of luck in the next 48 hours. And not just luck but blessings! We'll be thinking of you. :)

Becky said...

Can't wait to hear about his arrival. Good luck to you and your boys ( not that you need it ) you are amazing. I only wish you guys lived closer so we could know each other better and not just over blogs but well take what we can get!

By the way, Curtis and I said the same thing about vans and we own a Honda Oddesy and let me just tell you LOVE IT!!! Best of luck to you and lots of prayers still coming your way!

Amanda Petersen said...

We had a really hard time getting pregnant, then I was induced with Elle and it turned out totally fine- at the end of the day, she’s healthy, and it’s all a distant memory! I'm no better or worse of a mom for having her early- it's just what happens sometimes. After being on bedrest for months and pregnancy being so touch-and-go, it’s a blessing they can do so much to help you and your little man. There are so many women who don’t have the opportunity for such great healthcare, I think it’s awesome! I had strep with Elle, and again, although the nasty antibiotics were painful and annoying, my girl is safe. I don’t think anyone looks back and says, “Oh, you were induced? That’s what’s wrong with you…” However it happens, it happens, just get him here safe, and keep you both healthy!

denise said...

Good luck and we will hear from you on the other side ;). By the way I am sooo jealous of your new van! I want one of those so badly!

Stacy said...

Good luck! We hope that everything will go smoothly! Sounds like you have a little fighter in there :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity