Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Almost 20 days later & possibly going HOME!

Yes you heard right, I could be going home!!

First let me recap my week...

March 1st
Today I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. I find if I sleep it makes the time go by faster even though I am missing my own bed, feeling lazy, and uncomfortable. I had my fluid checked again today and I still sitting pretty good at almost 7. The baby had a full bladder so they said that is probably why it was much lower then last time. I had not been leaking that much so that number was shocking to me too. I leak about every 12-24 hours or so. 2.5 is the lowest, where your getting into danger zone and they worry about infection, so I am still sitting pretty good. Even then some women can be on bed rest with lower fluid then 2.5 for weeks and still be fine. I am feeling grateful and blessed that all is well. I am thankful for my computer today, pinterest, email, online health articles and church stuff.

March 2nd 

Christian starts chiro board review tonight & on through the weekend. I guess he is not feeling that swell and had a really bad sinus infection. I am pretty sure the stress of all this & taking care of the boys is draining him. I have been praying that he can make it through this weekend & on to the following week. I feel so helpless. I probably will not get to see my family every night like usual since the schedule will be different with boards...boo! We planned this baby for April for a reason & I thought for sure if he was early then we would bypass finals & boards. Guess he had different plans & this is what I get for actually planning one of my pregnancies...LOL! On a good note, Mama Cutler is coming to our rescue on Friday which we are so very thankful. Also, I got to visit a friend (Breanna Keller) in my ward who just had their baby girl. It was so sweet to hold a little baby and just to be able to do something.   

March 3rd‎
2 weeks in the hospital today. I actually just learned that they let some people with pProm go home but that is not usually this hospitals policy. If something did happen then I am right here & that is why they do not allow Moms with pProm to return home. I wish they would since I am not leaking that much but I will admit I would not do much bed resting at home. My fluid was checked again today and I am ...back up to 11...whoop whoop! This is just like a normal pregnancy. I knew this little guy just had to pee...LOL! No changes, baby boy looks healthy & strong. I have made great friends with all the nurses, all the doctors just say they love me. I just love the nurses, they are all so nice and do so much for you. I believe they need to be paid more. I told them they were walking angles, because truthfully I feel they do more then the doctors. & had lots of visitors. I am feeling lazy, fat, and useless but life could be worse.


March 4th
My boys and hubby get to come tonight after a weekend of crazy board review!! Just after 2 days it amazing how much I miss them all. The day goes by so much faster & is just sooo much better when they come. I am praying long & hard that this baby just holds out until everything is finished with boards. My headaches are flaring up due to not getting my monthly Chiropractic adjustments, awful bed and sitting all day. Magnetics & EQ's are helping but I know my body is crying for an adjustment. I am also not sleeping well and longing for my Nikken sleep system! They told me they could have the PT come up but I am not sure if it would help? They have been giving me more privliges since I am doing so well that they actually let me go on a short walk yesterday!! I am definatley missing Chruch today but I know this is what I supposed to be doing right now....cooking this little SONshine!

March 5th
I switched rooms in the hospital just for something different...haha! Has it helped...mmm, not really but hey at least I got to "do something!" My friend Steph from ICAA had her baby so I got to go visit her and her beautiful little girl. It was so sweet to hold a baby and its nice that I have had friends up here to visit. I honestly would rather wait it out now to ensure a healthy baby boy. I am getting so nervous to have an early baby even at 36 weeks. I have read that they don't breastfeed well, get sick more often, could have health problems...ahhh! If I am doing good at 36 weeks I am going to push to 37 if my body has not kicked into labor on it's own. I am digging deep and let me just say if your not head strong, this hospital thing can sure get to ya. I have joined a pProm support group and all I have to say is that my case with pProm seems so different and better. I honestly feel so grateful even though it's been hard. What some women have to go through with pProm is just heartbreaking. I feel extremely lucky on how my body is dealing with my fluid loss and just this whole experience.

March 6th (today)
Last night I saw a new doctor since he had been on vacation. He was much older and seemed really nice. Remember, I see a midwife and doctor everyday to discuss my progress, well in my case no progress...LOL! The doctor asked me a series of questions as usual and at the end he said, "well I don't see why you can't go home!" I think my jaw about dropped because I knew that was not this hospitals policy. He said, "your fluid levels are great, your baby always looks awesome, and you just seem to be just fine." He said that he had not seen a case like this where someone with pProm had not gone into labor already. My body probably is just carrying on like a normal pregnancy because of my high fluid levels. He asked me if they have set an induction date and I told him that I wanted to try and go until 36-37 weeks if everything continues to go well. He agreed and said that since he just got here and heard about my case that he was not for sure if I could go home but that he would discuss it with the other doctors and midwives. So I guess they are going to have a meeting about me tomorrow to give me the verdict. I have to say, I am pretty popular here at this hospital...LOL! I know some doctors think I am feisty and ornery but that is OK. I just know my baby is not ready yet! I told him all I wanted was to do the best thing for my baby so if that required me to stay I would, but being home would be easier. He told me that I would still have to be on strict bed rest at home and come in for weekly fluid checks. I would also have to take my temperature daily, come in a couple times a week for NST (non stress test for the baby), and watch for infection. I have already had the 10 day series of antibiotics so I am in the clear. I honestly just think the doctors thought my body would have just kicked in by now but it has not. I also just think they are kinda stumped with my case with pProm. I have had a chat with midwives today and they feel that it is really is doing me no good to stay here since everything looks great and its stayed the same for a long while now. I most likely have a high leak and since he is head down he is keeping lots of his fluid in. I honestly will be so thrilled if they let me go home. My boys need me even if Ill be on bed rest. Just to know I am there. This has been really hard on them. It also will make it easier on Christian not to have to bring them up all the time. He seriously was so excited when I told him the news today and just wants the same as I do, a healthy baby boy!  I am not getting my hopes up though because they could decide either way. 

Christian started school up again this week but he has not gone to class. Rugby started too. We have just been getting babysitter everyday for board review, practice, ect. It's been a little crazy for Christian and especially the boys. Pretty sure they really do not know what to think. We will be happy when Mama Cutler comes to help us so he can finally go to school, study for boards, and take boards. Also just to be there with the boys so they are not having to be taken to different places every day. We are honestly so indeed grateful for the help that has been offered to us. It has been such a lifesaver. I am not sure what we would do with out such a great ward and friends. We are truly overly blessed! Just because I am home does not mean I can really do anything which I know will be hard for me. At least I can just be home. We just want to make it through these next couple weeks and then it does not matter after that when this baby boy chooses to come.

That first night I was so scared and did not not know what to think but now I am feeling confident that all will work out and that our baby boy will be born healthy and strong. I kept telling Christian that this pregnancy was too good to be true, and turns out I was right...LOL! I am not understanding it either. I actually was the healthiest I have ever been with this one but it turns out that every 2 out of 100 pregnancies have pProm and for no apparent reason. I can't blame it on anything nor can anyone else. The only thing I can think of is at my last appointment I had been complaining about my vagina being really swollen this time around especially after intercourse (I know to much info). Anyway, my vagina would hurt really bad and so when I was looking things up it said I could have a yeast infection or UTI but yet I was not itching and going to the bathroom fine. A couple days later I had lost my mucus plug but there was no blood or anything. When I explained all this to midwife she told me that all of those things were normal especially if this is your 3rd baby. She told me that the vagina just gets more blood flow down there with each pregnancy and that my mucus plug can just remake itself and I could loose it again. I just thinking maybe I had some sort of bacteria or infection but who knows. I just think it's me thinking that because I want an answer since I am such a prevention Nazi. They said it could have been the babies finger or toenail, or really just some random thing that happens. People want to blame it on all my working out but if that were true the midwife said we would have all the very active women have pProm so there is no evidence or research supporting that. There is no way to prevent pProm from happening. It just sometimes hard to swallow when you think everything is just going so smoothly and then BAM, something so out of the blue hits you like this. I guess that is what life does to you though right? I just try and tell my self that it does not get any easier we just get good at it! This really just a trial and bump in the road and they told me with my future pregnancies that I should not worry about it. Every pregnancy is different and since I was not have any pre-term labor with my pProm or contractions that it helps me for when we decide to have our next child.         

This baby boy will always be special to us since we had to sacrifice so much to get him here. Ill be 34 weeks tomorrow which is a great milestone! Hopefully my next post will be at home but it if not.... "Bring it on, deep breaths, I got this, I can do this!" I will be ready to face the next 3 or more weeks with a smiling face no matter what. The Lord is truly mindful of us and I know that no matter what everything will work itself out. Positivity goes along way:)

Until next time here are my little boy "toeies". I am so obsessed with little babies feet. I just love them and I look forward to the day when I can kiss and munch on the.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I really hope you can go home for these last few weeks!! It would be sooo much nicer to even just sleep in your own bed :)

Taylor Family said...

Hope you get to go home... That would be wonderful!

Jason and Shelly said...

I just wanted to let you know, that I have been thinking of you and your family a lot lately. I am so pleased to hear that everything has been going so well, under these circumstances. Good luck with everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity