Yesterday was our 5 year anniversary. Happy Anniversary to us! I never would have imagined that we would spend our 5 year wedding anniversary in the hospital room. So romantic! The 5 year mark is a pretty big milestone for couples to celebrate so I was really looking forward to it this year. We were going to take a quick getaway to Chicago but those plan obviously change with the situation we are in right now with our son in my tummy. All of our plans kind of went out the window so to speak. The funny thing is, it snowed last night putting a blanket or beautiful white all over the town. I have a pretty good view from my hospital window and I could not help but think of our actual wedding day 5 years ago when it looked the same. So pretty, perfect and white. Perfect for our day even though we could not go outside to enjoy it. Christian got a sitter for the kids for a couple hours so we could spend some time together on our special day. I felt really bad since there was nothing really I could do for Christian or get him anything while I was here at the hospital. We usually take turns planning our anniversary and this year it would have been my turn. I will just have to make up for it the next year...LOL! I actually did my hair and make up and Christan brought me some clothes other then pj's to wear. We did not want to have to eat the hospital food once again so Christian went and got us my favorite...SUSHI!! It was really yummy and nice to just have something a little different and that I liked in my belly. The cafeteria surprised us with a little mini cake that said, "best wishes!" I thought that was pretty nice of them since they found out why I was not ordering food tonight.
I kept apologizing to Christian the whole night just because I felt so bad that we were really spending this day in the hospital. He was so sweet and said, " as long as we were together it did not matter...we know how to make a party anywhere!" It was nice to talk about the last 5 years, then again it was emotional too and we shed some tears. I asked him, "could our life here at Palmer get any harder or could the last 5 years been any more crazy for us?" We kind of giggled and then Chris said, "our story just gets cooler and cooler doesn't it....besides if our lives were not this crazy then we would be boring right?" I guess that is the spirit to look at it. People are always commenting on how good our marriage is and I can honestly say it is because of what we have endured together. These last 5 years have not been easy especially the ones we have been at Palmer, but they have been wonderful to say the least since we have been by each other side the whole time! Has our marriage been perfect? Has any ones? I think its the imperfections that refine you as a couple and make you stronger.
Christian had a beautiful dozen roses delivered to me today. If you know me, I am not much of a flowers girl since I would rather have something more useful. Christian just knows how to pull through because I was actually hoping for flowers this time for some reason. I think it was just because of the situation in the hospital and then they would also be something pretty to look at. I loved them and was so thrilled to get some. I asked him how he knew and he said, "I just did." Yup, that's my man!
Funny Story:
Even though I got to wear my own clothes I still had to wear certain pads in case of fluid leaking. I usually only leak every 8 hours or so, sometimes even longer. Since I was up moving about more I had one to many gushes and I leaked through my jeans a little. I just happened to be sitting on my hubby's lap at the time too...LOL!! When I felt it go through my pants and then on to his, I could only say, "oops sorry babe...a little unexpecting fluid!" LOL, he just laughed and said, "nothing like a little amniotic fluid on the pants....first time for ever thing!" Hahaha, we could not stop laughing!! The midwives put in a release for me to take a wheelchair ride if I wanted just to go out an do something for our anniversary. Yes a wheelchair, how pathetic right? Well to go anywhere it has to be in a wheelchair I guess. I figured it was something for us to do. How romantic once again! To tell you the truth it was actually pretty fun. Christian strolled me around the hospital a couple times. We were popping wheelies and just having a good time with it. I guess we can make any situation fun even though a wheelchair ride was not our ideal "limo" for an anniversary!
After my little leakage I figured I better change and once again Christian surprised me with some new pj's from Victoria Secret! He told me that he really wanted to buy me something else from there (if you know what I mean...te he he) but hence the situation he thought pj's would be best. Since its what I wear almost everyday in the hospital he said, "they might as well be comfy cute ones!" He was exactly right. They were perfect and I loved them. He is so thoughtful, what a perfect gift for a long hospital stay:) I felt so bad that I could not get him anything. I told him to just go buy ones of his expensive work out shirt he likes...LOL! He said he did not care as long as I was comfortable and happy. What a guy!
32 weeks/3 days and counting...hopefully counting for a long time:)
I could not ask for a more genuine eternal companion to spend forever with. He is so for real and I just adore him. This has been such a challenge for him taking over as "Mr. Mom" while I am stuck here in the hospital but he is doing a great job, the best he can. He has never once complained or been upset in anyway. He is amazing. I appreciate him so much for the kind of person he is...father, brother, priesthood holder, and husband. He takes everything one day at a time and is so pleasant all the time. He is my strength when I am not strong. He really does make me a better person. He serves me with unconditional love and for that I am so grateful. I love you Christian..
tap...tap...tap
This anniversary though not what we wanted turned out to be amazing and it will defiantly go down in the Price Family history books!
Happy 5 years and many many (times infinity) more to come!!
Hospital and all:)






2 comments:
Love this post...you guys are SO CUTE
You are so positive! Way to be! I especially love the leaking fluid story!!!! You make me smile.
Post a Comment