Monday, December 05, 2011

Ward Talent Show

We had our ward talent show a couple weeks back. My wonderful friend Jessica Peterson signed me up with out my knowledge...LOL! I decided to go through with it because it sounded fun and hey, why not? She signed me up to do Zumba. There is A LOT of booty and body shaking in Zumba so I had to change some things to make it "Church appropriate." A friend helped me cut my music and it got a little messed up so the routine ended up being 6 minuets long! Needless to say after I was done my heart rate was through the roof.  I did have a lot of fun doing it and besides it was good practice for me since now I AM A LICENCED ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR!! I went to my training this past weekend. The 10 long hours were well worth it. I love it, I love everything about Zumba. I can get all I want out of cardio by just doing zumba. Every time I finish I feel like I have left a session of HIIT (high intensity interval training). This is how athletes train by taking your heart rater really high and then taking it low then back up again. Its awesome! Zumba is so much easier to teach then Turbo Kick. Funny thing is, I did my turbo kick training when I was 3 months prego with Treyson and with this Zumba training I was 5 months prego...LOL! I guess I like getting fitness certs when I am prego! I love that Zumba is all about the music and non verbal cuing. It's just brilliant and makes teaching it so so much easier!  I am most likely going to start my job teaching at the YMCA a couple times a week. Nothing is set yet but I already know I will be taking over one of my own teachers classes. She has been waiting anxiously for me to get my licence so I could teach her class. She said she did not want anyone else taking it over...LOL! This makes me feel good because she is an amazing instructor!  I am so excited for my new Zumba journey! 

Back to the Talent show....

We enjoyed popcorn and lemonade while the show was going! The boys were in Heaven!! 
Chris participated in a breath holding contest. No he did not win but it was sure funny to watch him do it. 
My Young Women sang, "Oh how we love our Mormon boys!"
Zumba Prego Mama right here! 
Here is a video of part of my routine. For some reason the recording of it makes the music a second slower then my actual moves. It still works though....
YAY for the talent of ZUMBA!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME you are now a zumba instructor. I wish you lived in Utah so I could come to your class :)

Krystle Ricks said...

Well No wonder I got so fat when I was pregnant! I can't believe you can move like girl! That is sooooo awesome that you agreed to do that for the talent show, it shows that we ALL different and unique talents! (My talent is NOT Zumba, although I sure wish my non-pregnant me could move like pregnant you!!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity