Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Details and Update on the BUMP!

First, I have decided I am calling this baby either a donut if it a BOY and cupcake if it a GIRL. These are the 2 things I have been craving so horribly this pregnancy. Yes the most high calories sugary food out there, I want it and I can't just have one...LOL! I have been doing pretty good but I have indulged those cravings more then once! Thus from here on out they will either been known as our little donut or cupcake!
Pink or Blue? 
YUM! 
I guess it's about time for me to update and give you the detail on this little wee on of ours. This was a planned pregnancy. Our first actually planned pregnancy. Kinda weird for us since niether of our other 2 were at all...LOL! It happened a lot sooner then we thought, on our first try actually. I actually did not believe I was prego for the longest time because I had NO SYMPTOMS, nothing notta, zip. I also had a little bit of a period the month after I conceived which is normal. I was in denial for a long time and so was Christian. He was actually set on that we were not pregnant and ready to try again the following month. Since my period was weird I just had to know so I took at home pregnancy test w/o my husbands knowledge. Both of them somewhat looked positive. I needed a for sure answer so I went to planned parenthood where they give free pregnancy test and sure enough it came out positive. I did not tell Chris until a couple weeks later. I surprised him with a sweet card when he came home from work telling him even though he did not believe it "he did succeed in getting me pregnant!" Of course he was excited and it was perfect timing since the plan was to have this baby in 8th tri.
Here is the bump at 16 weeks.
Here are some FAQ that people have been wanting to know....

How have you been feeling?
Like I said, I did not have ANY symptoms for the longest time. Around week 12 I started to notice the tiredness start to creep along, OK extreme tiredness. There are times I have felt really fatigued with this one. Other then that I am fine. No love hate relationship with food and no sickness. It has almost been weird and I actually was still denying it until I heard the heart beat a couple times. I am still working out and loving it with this pregnancy. I do cardio and lift about 3-5 days a week depending on how I am feeling. I listen to my body and if its too much then I cut back. My boobs hurt extremely bad. They are very swollen and tender all the time. They itch a lot so if you see me scratching don't judge!..LOL! I am already have thick colostrum and they are already just getting big. Here's to having some "Dolly Partons" when the baby is born! LOL! This one does not move as much as it did with my boys. I feel very small thumps here and there but nothing tremendous like I did with my boys.  This one has been different then the last 2, well all three of them have been different on the way that I felt with each one.

Do you have any names?
Yes. We like to meet them first but we usually have the top three and pick the one that fits. 

BOYS: Kreed, Ledger, or Roman.
We have more but those are the top 3 for now. We actually agree more on our boys names then the girls. His middle name will be Cutler after the Cutler fam. We switch off on doing family names for middle names and this time its my turn and I love Cutler for middle name. We still have Christian and Daniels to use on Chris's side for future kids as well.  

GIRLS: Jandee, Nevaeh, and Hadleigh. 
We have more as well but those are the top 3. Christian actually only likes one of these names an that Nevaeh. He wants to call her little Nevi. Her middle name will most likely be Galea which is my maiden name. I know it does not really fit with either of these names but I really love it for a middle name.  Others we could use are Nan, Patricia, Marion, or Elizabeth (on Chris's side.)

What have you been craving?
Like I said before, donuts and cupcakes. Anything sweet really. You might find me drinking out of the honey jar...LOL! Specific things like sweet potatoes, tomato and cheese or pb and banana sandwiches, beets, ginger snaps, honeydew, hummus. I also like hamburgers with this one as well. Something about them when I am prego...LOL! I have actually been doing pretty good. I am not worried about calories any more just nutrients. I am trying to keep my raw food intake up and taking lots of omegas, pro-biotics, greens, ect. I take a good organic whole food multi-vitamin that has all the iron, folic acid, and other goodies you need for pregnancy. I figure since I am prego though, I get more cheat days then normal right? I honestly can not wait for the holiday food since now I can really stuff myself silly!! 

Are you nervous to have 3?
Yes. Who wouldn't be. I also feel so very blessed and thank my Father everyday for my Children and the opportunity I have to be a MOTHER to these special little spirits. 

Do you plan on doing a natural child birth? 
Yes, as natural as I can. I am not doing a home birth for many reasons....cost and I just feel like I need to work myself up to it. I am not sure a home birth is if me quite yet. I have never had a baby with out pitocin so I would like to see if I can do with out it this time as long as it does not require me going 2 weeks overdue. I do not want a 9-10 lb baby. The last one was hard enough on my body. I am going to try hypno birthing this time to see how it goes. I am currently seeing midwife who is awesome. I am also currently seeing a Chiropractor plus one that specializes in pregnant women. My hope that with all the natural stuff we do like magnetics, oils, and Chiropractic that I will be able to have a natural childbirth. If  things work out where I can't then I have already promised myself that I will not beat myself up about it.

Do you plan on breastfeeding? 
Of course. Not sure why people have been asking me this a lot. I love Brest feeding. Everything about it. It's actually something I look forward to after the baby is here. I love what it does for my baby and me health wise. It is just one of those awesome things that comes with having a baby:)   

Do you have any feelings on the baby gender? 
Like I mentioned before, all 3 of my pregnancy have been very different. Treyson, I was sicker then sick. Porter I never threw up but I had a love hate relationship with certain kinds of food and I just did not feel that good at times. I also got super big with him fast. This one I almost forget I am pregnant at times. I feel wonderful. No food combo bothers me or smells. I am super small with this one and carrying it different then I did my boys. I feel like its way higher. My instincts tell me girl but my brain tell me another boy. I want to say girl because its so different but then so was Porter pregnancy. I did have a dream and in the dream it was a girl. Most of you know that I had been reading the Shettles Method when we got prego with this one. I borrowed the book from a friend since my I had so many people tell me that it worked for them including my Mama Cutler. I did not do everything Nazi, but I did calculate my ovulation for 3 months prior to pregnancy. You can do this by taking your temperature everyday right when you wake up which I did not do or checking your cervical mucus (CM) every time you go to the bathroom. I just did the CM method because it seemed the easiest. They say if you do temperature and CM together it will be very accurate but I just would forget to take my temp. I am not going to give you the details on how to check CM. If you want to know you will have to read the book. Tricks are if you want a boy you need to have intercourse closer to ovulation or right after and if you want a girl you need to have intercourse way before ovulation or 2-4 days before. The theory is that boy sperm are faster swimmers and less resilient and the girl sperm are slower but live longer. Dr. Shettles has lots of research backing this theory up so I am not just putting this out of my back pocket. I know Heavenly Father will give you what he wants but like a wise women told me who did this method. He himself has to obey the elements he created. As mentioned, I did not do EVERYTHING to get a girl. I figured if we try this and get one then YAY but if not then we will have to try more stricter things next time. The month we tried I had a very odd period. It was 3 days early which thew me off on calculating when I was ovulating. According to my CM my body was going off of when I was supposed to start (3 days later) then when I really did start. If I was correct and followed my CM properly then its most defiantly a girl. According to the computer where I charted my periods and ovulation, well it says it was closer to ovulation which leans more towards boy. Who knows. My Midwife thinks its a girl. The heartbeat says its a girl but she says sometimes that does not matter. She says she just has a feeling. I can honestly say yes it would be so fun to have something different and be a Mother to a daughter but I would be so happy to be another mother to a beautiful son as well. My hopes are for a girl this time but if not then it's fine. God has blessed our family so much and it would be a blessing to just have another baby in our home no matter what a gender is. Secretly I am praying for PINK though! LOL!      

Have you done any gender prediction or old wives tale things? 
Yes. I had never done them until this one. Some are so funny. Peeing in baking soda, red cabbage test, ect. I have only done one which is the ring test and it said girl. Christian did it and got girl, and then I had my friend do it just encase and got girl.  We also tested with applied Kinesiolgy an got girl. I usually do the Chinese gender chart but I found out that there is 2 and one says one gender and the other says a different one. Right for one and wrong on another. 
This one says BOY
This chart says GIRL. 
I am not getting my hopes up for a girl. Another Boy would be fun too:)

Well I think that is it for the BUMP details and update. We are so happy to be bringing this little life into the world come spring time. We find out what we are having next week. What is your vote?
Here is the bump at 18 weeks.
 Took forever to show but we defiantly have a baby cookin'!!!
Bumbage! 
Here is a cute poem that just warmed my heart. We can not wait to meet our donut or cupcake!

"I can't wait to meet you,
I can't wait to see,
I can't wait to feel all the happiness you
will bring.

I have such big plans and dreams for you,
I will sacrifice anything to make your own
dreams come true.
 
You will be happy and healthy and free,
So baby I love you .
I can't wait until the day we meet." 

2 comments:

Casey said...

Lets go for a girl cmon!!!!

denise said...

Yay! I am really happy for you. I hear you on the sugar thing. This pregnancy I have been all about the sugar and the treats. For awhile there I would totally have to cheat and buy candy since I would be literally dreaming about it!

Back before I realized I was having trouble getting pregnant we tried to do some of the things to get a girl. The trouble is there are two methods and one says one thing and another says the exact opposite! Who knows, right? I hope some of what you did worked and you get your girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity