Thursday, October 06, 2011

Welcoming October

Our family is welcoming October with open arms. The weather has been so nice and the leaves have been falling making the scenery so gorgeous! Colors of orange and red are filling our trees and lawn. I love this time of year! Here we come FALL! 
 Last night we had our Young Women Halloween Party. I did not have a costume so I had to throw one together really fast. It was between a cow girl or a biker girl and I chose the biker girl since one day Our family hopes to own a bike, a Harley that is. Yes, if you did not know, I have a WILD heart! 
 I thought my costume turned out pretty smooth, vest, chains, boots and all. I just salvaged stuff from my closet and it got put together nicely!  Just missing a Harley Davidson now..LOL! 
 Only 2 of us leaders fully dressed up. I love dressing up for Halloween! Sadly I don't even know what my kids are going to be yet....haha! 
 Not many of our young men were there but they dressed up too! 
 All of our girls looked so so cute! Their costumes were awesome! 
We had a blast. We played some pumpkin bowling, then some capture the flag, and then had some yummy treats! Davenport 1st war youth, ROCK ON! 
 Our Leaders partied like a ROCK STAR too! I definitely work with great ambitious fun women. My calling is beyond awesome! 
That about wraps up the first part of October. YAY for Halloween Festivities. Just wait until you see my other costume, its going to be such a big SURPRISE!! 

PS. Even though I had so much fun this night it was most certainly not my day. Earlier that day to avoid a head on collision in the parking lot of walmart I over corrected and hit a parked car. Luckily the damage was not too bad. Then comes the real downer.... that night while going to the bathroom my camera fell out of my back pocket into the toilet!! Yes, go me right? If any of you know me you know how sentimental I get about my camera and pictures. I was seriously so upset. Luckily my pictures were saved and the sd card did not get damage. My camera on the other hand, well...I made the mistake of turning it on! Just an FYI, when you drop an electronic in water NEVER turn it on! Wait until it dries for a couple days then try it. My husband just laughs at me and he just said, "I am just glad I did not do it and these are the things I love about you!" I actually wont know the full damage until tomorrow but it not looking promising. I am seriously so bummed because its right before the holidays when the most pictures are taken. I guess the husbands iphone will have to come in handy or if I can get someone to let me borrow their old digital, or something. Really me w/o a camera? I feel naked!  Yes it just stinks a big one. I am thankful that my pictures were recovered though, because you can always replace a camera but never your pictures that are precious memories to you. Anyways that is my sob story of the night. Pray for my little camera...LOL! 

Happy weekend to All! 

2 comments:

Kimber said...

oh my gosh, i can't believe all that stuff was actually in your closet! ha, crazy!

john + becky said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry about your camera! I would feel naked too :) If I can find my old one, you're welcome to it. Let me know if you're interested. I know how important it is to have a camera....especially for moms!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity