We have had some rain lately in the month of September. Temperatures are much colder now. A couple of weeks ago it rained but it was still really warm out. Every time it rains Trey begs to go outside and play. So we did!
Porter was not quite sure what to think so he kind of stayed back under the porch and just watch Treyson and played with a stick..LOL!
Treyson on the other hand was sooo very excited about the rain!
His favorite thing are puddles. He likes to splash really hard in them!
He also love to catch the rain drops on his tongue...LOL! Precious little dude!
After watching for a bit Porter decided to give the playing the rain a try. He stood in one of the puddles for a long time. Not sure he knew what to think but after much deliberation in his head he decided he like it!
He like to run up and down the porch stair in and out of the rain. The porch was like his safety spot. So cute!
Treyson and Porter played so hard and cute together. Running, splashing, and lots of giggles!
Of course I played with them too! SO.MUCH.FUN!!!
They were pretty soaking wet and drenched from head to toe!
Their shirts were getting heavy so they asked to take them off. They did not want anything slowing them down...LOL!
Treyson: Raining Man 1
Porter: Raining Man 2.
Our boys are seriously such a blast! Warm raining days are sure a hit at the Price house!
YAY for Rain!
Look at this pic. Can you say TOTAL ADORABLENESS!!!
Speaking of rain. My heart and mind have been really rainy these days. People always tell me how our family looks like "we have it all together" but in reality we really don't. They don't know that we are struggling for survival! I am not a negative person and I hate dwelling on bad things but things have been very hard for our family lately. It may not seem hard to others but it really has been. I am not sure I knew what I was signing up for when we started this Palmer journey. The responsibility and emotional journey that goes along with this whole Palmer package thing. Lots of financial trouble came our way this tri with things that were unexpected and out of our control. I don't want to boo hoo you with our finances and details but it can be really stressful at times. We had been saving and so this tri we bought a cheap used car since my church and ICAA responsibilities were getting to where we just could not do it anymore with only 1. We probably would not have gotten the car if we knew the troubles we would face but people don't usually plan for these things right? Were students we don't have billions in savings and lets just say Palmer does not give you squat to live off of. Granted we do make money off our wellness business but its not million yet. Also just thinking about how much debt we are actually getting into while at Palmer too..LOL! Anyways because of all this craziness in our lives Christian had to take up more hours at work. I told you before he works at a group home for older autistic people and it really is a great job for him. He has literally worked himself ragged just so we can make ends meet. Double shifts back to back, putting in 80 hours per week. Sometimes no sleep in between, not to mention he has school, rugby, seminars, and a family. Most nights I go to bed by myself and even wake up to an empty bed. When he is home he is either sleeping to catch up on rest, studying, or having to hurry and get to Rugby....or I am having to run to YW or ICAA. I literally do feel like a widow. I know people say that all Palmer husbands are gone a ton but when I say he is never around, I really mean like we NEVER see him. We have been going to have lunch with him at the school just so we can have time with him. The missionaries have been trying to come and give us a message for months but they never can because he is never here. So in all seriousness, I am not exaggerating! All of this stress has been really weighing on me. I feel so helpless. The boys notice too and I know it hard on them. "Where is my Daddy, when is he coming home?" Every time they hear a slight thing at the door they think its him and get so disappointed when its not. Chris works so hard so I can stay home with our kids, he never complains, and he just does everything whole hearted. When we do get but short time together we make sure it counts. I am so thankful for his Sacrifice in behalf of our family and his willingness to just do whatever it takes! When he is here which is next to never he is always trying to find a way to take some of the load off me which I appreciate so much. I really do have the greatest eternal companion! I know I am so blessed but I would lie if I said it not rough. I have been so overwhelmed and it seems like I am always playing catch up! Chris and I joke with each other like we have never met.....what is your name again? LOL. Many women don't even have someone to call a husband, or their fighting in a war, or they have lost their spouse. I can honestly say that I somewhat know what that feel like and my heart aches for those women. I am trying to just enjoy the journey and look at these hardships as stepping stones. This all may sound completely stupid to you but its reality and sometimes when reality hits you hard it just stinks! I guess I wanted to share this because when I was playing with my boys in the rain, not one time did I think of our troubles we were facing. It was carefree complete bliss. I have been thinking a lot about moments that count and this day in the rain was one of them. Family, love, charity, is what its all about. Even though we are struggling we can still look around and be grateful for the little things like playing in the rain with your children. My boys really do bring out the best in me. They make me rethink and reflect a lot on what is most important. When I look at the big picture then my mind and heart become eased. I can do hard things and I can do this! Were going to get through it. No, our life is not perfect. We are making the best our of our situation. Heavenly Father is there and has been there the this whole time. I am have so much gratitude in my heart and tears in my eyes as I write this cold September night.
xoxoxox
Happy Sabbath Tomorrow!













5 comments:
These pictures are so adorable! They look like they are just the absolute best of friends- so sweet!
Kerri,
I'm totally with you. We are also really struggling financially. It's so hard and frustrating. I love what you said though about looking at the big picture. This is such a great post. I also think going to the temple helps a lot. Glad someone else feels helpless like me at times. I just keep telling myself that it won't be for forever! :)
Kerri- Your kids are so dang adorable! Looks like you guys have been having some fun despite the hard times. When Jayson was at his old job and gone for weeks at a time with no notice and then we would never know when he would be home it was so hard. Hudson didn't start noticing until the last few months and he would call everything dada. We would try to skype to make it easier, but really its just a hard situation. I totally feel ya on playing the part of a widow. Super hard to get your kids ready, get yourself ready, keep your house up, get errands run, etc. But Jayson and I would always just keep telling ourselves that the Lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle. You are such a strong person and have done so many amazing things in your life, just keep up the great work :) Hard times will pass and make you appreciate the good times even more. I will pray for you and your super cute fam! And my mom says to tell you hi and she misses seeing your super bright and happy face! :)
Kerri, don't worry about venting...sometimes we all need to! It's okay, we all love you and are here for you! :-) Nate and I went through the ringer financially for a few years after we first married, and it was so hard and actually really depressing. It was SO hard and hung over us like a big gloomy cloud...We started to pull through it and started to see a light at the end of the tunnel...yours will come too! I promise! We still owe a ton from college as well, and it's just not fun. But you guys are living the way you are supposed to, you are followers of Christ and LIVE that way. And the important thing is that you already do KNOW you are so blessed, even if things are really hard. I always tell Nate that I never want to be rich, just somewhat comfortable, because I don't want to forget what it feels like to be humble financially, and to appreciate everything you have, or work really really hard for! You guys will get there!!!! Love you and please know I will pray for you guys. Thanks for always sharing such great posts. They always mean a lot to me...you are so special, Kerri!
Loved this post :) Your sons are adorable and they are truly blessed to have you as their mom. It is very hard to go through things like this. Vent away. You can't keep it in(which I can't say much about myself I haven't even posted about Kris's Cancer, I'll get to it). It makes you feel better and you do realize how strong you are and that you are learning from all these stepping stones in our lives. Hang in there Kerri.
Kerri, I hope things look up for you sometime soon. I have not been in your exact situation, but when you feel like you're doing it all alone (whether it's for a day, a week, a tri, or a few years at a time) it's always overwhelming and you feel tired... and THEN someone gets sick, you know? There's always one more thing, it seems like, but the sun comes out here and there and you get to remember that it's all worth it and what it's all for. Your boys know how much you both love them, and things WILL get better. Hang in there and don't forget to get your spiritual priorities in somehow, so Heavenly Father can carry you through it. (I only say that because I've been really working on that myself. I KNOW it's the only way I'm going to make the things happen that I need to!)
Post a Comment