Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ice Bath Anyone?

OK this is a rather funny entry but I just had to share. Christian has had a lot of home games since Rugby season started back up July. He has also been gone lots of weekends as well playing. A ritual for the rugby players is to sit in an ice bath for about 10 minuets after the game. This helps their muscles heal and recover faster, plus it feels good after you get out. If you have done it before you will know that the first couple minuets are the worst and very painful. Its like a bee constantly stinging you. I personally have never done it but I have seen my husband sit in plenty. This particular game we actually stayed until the very end. We usually leave early because sometimes Porter needs a nap or if its getting too much for me to keep track of both of them by myself. They boys got to watch their Dad have is ice bath for the first time and lets just say they were fascinated with the whole thing.  They loved splashing in the water and moving the ice around. Occasionally they would sneak a piece of ice in their mouth which we would remove right way, but hey I have seen them put worse things in their mouth....LOL! Mind you Christian was like 5th guy who has sat in that...YUCK! 
 They also like the grab the ice cubes and chuck them at their Dad...LOL! Silly boys. 
 The whole time Trey kept saying he wanted to get in with his Dad and we explained to him how cold it was and how he would not like it at all. He still insisted on getting in...LOL! Christian said, "Let him learn the hard way!" So we stripped him down and let him give it a whirl. LOL, of course he did not like it at all but the funny thing was every time he would get out he said he wanted to try it again! 
 His facial reactions were priceless. I wish we would have taken video of it. Everyone was just laughing!  Poor dude I am not sure he knew what he got himself into....he just wanted to be like his Dad! 
 Porter on the other hand was very content watching with drinking his "toy story" water bottle.  I am glad I did not have 2 wanting to get in...LOL! 
Just thought I would share. You really just had to be there. Hilarious Stuff! These kiddos keep us laughing! 

On a more delicate somber note, I would like to add that today marks the 10th anniversary of September 11th. I can honestly say for how young I was when it happened I did not quite understand what happened to the world that day but now I can say I do and it leaves me speechless. Chris and I have watch some documentaries these past couple of days and they are just utterly horrific. I can not help but shed some tears today as well. Our hearts go out to all the families and heroes of this tragic event. God Bless America! 

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission." - John F. Kennedy

Our prayers are with so many this day. May we count our blessing and recount if necessary:) 

Happy Sabbath! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity