Palmer Homecoming (PH) was a couple weeks ago and this year I actually got to go to some of things which was awesome. It's not like a regular homecoming of what you think of but it's more focused on Chiropractic. Various speakers come from all around, alumni, prospective students, and current students/spouses. It is a great opportunity, though sadly Chris did not get to go to much of it because of his vigorous work schedule. That being said since my position as ICAA President I got to get in on some of the fun of PH week.
We actually did our Nikken Booth up at the Palmer's Farmers Market during PH which was awesome. It was a successful day for us. While I was there I snagged a shirt that said,"I love Chiropractic" with the heart being the shape of the atlas. I love it and decide I was going to wear it to the rest of the PH festivities.
I was so trilled to get to listen to Dr. James Chestnut. He is so knowledgeable in the realm of wellness. He is very educational to listen too and he really knows his stuff. It was interesting that his philosophy goes right along with Nikken's. He teaches about how we have to change our environments if we want to eat, think, move, and be well. I was thrilled that I got to snap a photo with him. I met Dr. Coralee Van Egmond who is the Director Professional Development for the ICA (International Chiropractic Association). The ICAA which I am president of is a branch off of them. I had been conversing with her on the phone all the way in Washington DC and we had planned to meet and discuss some things about the ICAA. I also had lots of pamphlets, planners, and handouts to give her to pass out their booth to advertise for us which they so kindly said they would. Little did I know in all this process I would get to meet Dr. James Chestnut! Talk about awesome!

After that she asked if I would join her at the Alumni Luncheon. I was in complete shock because I was not really dressed for the occasion..LOL! Of course I did not decline the offer. I felt really honored to be attending this with her. The food was yummy and it was just so cool to be there. Dr. Coralee was introducing me like I was some high and mighty somebody..LOL! She would say, "This is THEE ICAA President!" Everyone wanted to shake my hand and then they would nod their heads proudly at me. I have to say I felt pretty special even though I had barley been put in as President. It made me realize the responsibility I took on and how much I am thrilled to be in the position I am in:)
Sitting at our table was Dr. David Mass who is an administer to the alumni or something like that. I did not catch everything seeing how I was only a somewhat of an ease dropper at our table..lol! I actually got some time to talk with him about how the west is widely open for Chiropractic. I seriously was on cloud nine!!!
Next up for Homecoming we had our Annual ICAA Tea Party which the ICA participated in this year and even helped us with the food cost. It's a pretty big deal up on campus and lots of work.
I could not have put it together without my board. They are my true gal pals and I know they sacrificed so much time and effort to put on the BEST Tea Party of 2011.
Left to Right
Wendy Kowallis : Secretary)
Keara Barnes : VP + Treasurer (My other VP back down so Keara stepped up)
Kerri Price : President (Me)
Macy Henze : Hospitality)
Stephanie Fox : Hospitality (We felt we needed more in hospitality since its such a big job and we may even call a sub committee)
PH this year was off the charts!
Stay plugged in for more Tea Party-ness!
(Cartwheels)
Oh yes and Happy Sabbath!







1 comment:
Wow ! Sounds like a big job! That's awesome!
Post a Comment