With over 300 an something pictures taken I am finally getting around to tell you about my experience and girl camp. It was June 14-17th so needless to say I am a bit behind. Nevertheless, it was so awesome and I must say I just love my calling. I was so grateful for the opportunity to go. Girls Camp always falls during finals for Palmer but this year we worked it out so I could be there with my girls. We did not go up until the 15th and we had to travel about 2 hours to get there. We had the most amazing camp director Jenny Devocht and YCL's. I only got to go to girls camp once so this was really good for me to get to go as a leader. Girls camp just simply Rocks there is no other way to put it! It was a really awesome and spiritual week for everyone!
Our Flag turned out really cool yet it got knocked over the terrible storm the night before so we eded up with a muddy flag. Each girl was given a bandanna with the theme and Scripture on it.
"Lean on me"
Mark 12:30-31
Davenport Stake YW Camp!
Wahoo!
The Camp was so awesome. My only complaint was the beds but its probably just because I am so used to my huge bed instead of a tiny caught..LOL! We had a huge mess hall, creek, TP's, trails, cabins, ect. We got rained on really hard the first day but then it was nice the rest. The girls decorated their cabins really cute and they also were in charge of keeping it clean. Oh yes and we can't for get about our HUGE spider friends..LOL! Eeek, that was also a down side. All in all it was a great nice camp and I think we are going to return to this one next year.
So many things to do...
Crafts: Key chains, Tye dye, and flowers
Pool: So fun!
Volley Ball: Good exercise
Archery: Great activity
Creek: Blast!
For our service project we did a butterfly garden. We are all in charge of rotated and planting it. The finish product turned out awesome!
Skit Night...
Toy Story 3 Theme
I was Ken..LOL.
Long story short it was so funny and we just had so fun with it.
Here was our song...
"You got a friend in me, you got friend in me, just read the Book of Mormon and you will see, you got a friend in me."
Bishop came up for an fun activity. They were asked a series of questions pertaining to their life then they were given a chief name..LOL! They also had to dance for their dinner...hilarious! We love our Bishop Onken! That night was testimony meeting which was so special. Lots of happy tears were shed and testimonies of the Savior. The spirit was there and it was just a wonderful meeting.
Lots of singing, chanting, screaming, games, and eating. Our girls had an awesome time. Never a dull moment. Sister Lykins and I laughed a lot just watching them.
Yup, literally our girls are nuts! I am so honored to serve in the Presidency. I am fascinated with our girls faith to do what is right and to live the standards even when there are so little members where we live. I have grown to love each and everyone of them so much. They are like a daughters I never had even though all of them are taller then me..LOL!
The last day was bitter sweet. We wanted to go home but we were sad to leave. We had a quick award ceremony, then packed and cleaned our cabins. By that time it was lunch and so we had a picnic lunch on the grass before we left that our ever so awesome cooks had made for us. We all wore our camp shirts that read...
ONE HEART
BOMB SQUAD (Book of Mormon Babes)
Davenport 1st Young Women's....
We Rock!
YAY for Girls Camp 2011!










4 comments:
I am feeling so jealous! I so badly hope that I'm in Young Women's someday. It's the calling I want more than anything. That looks like so much fun- except for the spiders- AGH!!!
I have always wanted to be in YW too and I got my wish. When they called me I can't tell you how excited I was. You would be great in YW.
You are so cute Kerri! And look so great and young and just like one of the girls. I'm sure they just love you.
What a blast. I'm so jealous, that's the one calling I've always wanted was to be in Young Women's so I could go to Girl's Camp. Its quite obvious you had a ton of fun!!! Love You.
Post a Comment