Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother

MY MOTHERS! 
It's hard for me to just pick one Mother on honor on this day. I could even stand next to many other women and say, "thanks for being a mother figure in my life!" Thank you does not seem to give justice for the Mothers I have. If I could be half of the Mother they are then I would be something legendary. One of them is in Heaven but each of them have made me the Mother I am today. From the very depths of my heart I will say that I love all of them so dearly:) 
Patricia Mary Poncik(My Nanny)--She is really my grandmother but was the Mother Figure in my life so she really was like my Mom. She is of the most selfless women I have ever known. Always putting others and their welfare before her own. Raised her own children yet still out of her love and kindness raised her grandchildren. She (and my Papa) did not have to do what she did. It was her willful and giving heart that lead her to make the decision to be our "Mom." It is so true that you will never fully understand how much your Mom loves you until you have your own kids. I can honestly say that now I do understand and it makes me feel so much gratitude for the things she sacrificed for me. I understand the "love" she talked about now and I wish I would have realized it more when I was younger and not taken it for granted. I am so proud to say I was raised by her. Being raised by my grandparents has been such a blessing in my life and I would not trade it for anything. I love you Nanny, Happy Mothers Day! 

Marion Maria Galea--Yes this is my beautiful MOTHER. Most say I look like her a lot and I take this to heart because even as a young girl I always thought she was the most gorgeous women I have ever seen and still do. Most of you know that she has lived in Heaven for almost a decade now. I really miss her. She was more like my best friend, when she was around everyone was always laughing. My Mom had many problems in her lifetime but she still was a good person. She had a heart of Gold and when she was doing well, she was a good Mom. I never thought I would bury my Mom at the age of 16 but it has been comforting to know that she is not suffering anymore and that she is my guardian angle. I love you Mommy, Happy Heavenly Mothers Day!

Nanette Christensen Cutler (Mama C.)--She is the ultimate Mentor!!! One of the most divine women I have known. Always doing what is right and never wavering in her faith of the Savior. She is such an example of what Motherhood and Womanhood is about. Charity should be her middle name. My testimony has grown so much because of her and I am so thankful that I get to call her "Mom" even though she is not really. I am proud to be known as one of her "daughters" and feel so blessed just to be apart of her life. We are very close and she is always there to talk and give me advice when I need it, even if it's not what I wanted to hear..LOL!  Have you ever noticed how much my real Mom and her look alike? Kinda crazy yet so perfect. I love you Mama C. Thanks for being the Mother you didn't have to be. Happy Mother's Day! 

Elizabeth Bott Price (Mama Beth)--She is amazing and my hero. There are so many words I could write about Beth. She is such a sweetheart. She has an ability to love others no matter what. She inspires me and makes me want to be better. When I have bad days I always think of Beth and how she lost her first born son and her husband and yet still managed to raise 4 other stripling warrior boys in the Gospel. I swear she is one of the Lords Special Servants here on earth. She is one of the most humble, steadfast women I know. We call Beth our family witch doctor (haha) because she is very much into natural health and I have gained so much knowledge from her on how to care for my family. I am grateful that she is my MIL. I love you Beth. Wish we could see you more. Thank you for all you do and the person you are. Happy Mother's day!

Celebrating Mothers Day
Chris is actually gone for this Mother's Day playing Rugby. I know, I know it seems like he is always gone especially for the important things. Oh well, its pretty much like his job. It was kind of a surprise but we just ended up going out to dinner the night before he left as a family. We went to Osaka for sushi and decided to do the hibachi grill. I forgot my camera so you know what they say, the best camera is the one that is always with you..LOL! Chris's iPhone takes great pictures for the most part.      
The boys thought it was pretty cool even though the fire kind of spooked them a little bit. Our chef was really fun and entertaining! 
 All of us chowed down especially the boys. Porter just kept shoveling spoon fulls in and Trey was saying yum, yum! It really was good. It always is at Osaka.
 Of course we always have to check the fish pond out for a little bit.  We had fun. Thanks for a good pre-mothers day boys.
I would not be able to be called MOTHER with out these two man cubs of mine! I love my boys so much and the role that I play as a MOTHER to them. 

"Making the decision to have a child, it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone
Motherhood: The HARDEST job you will ever LOVE! 
Happy Mother's Day to all! 

1 comment:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Your a wonderful Mother, I love you Kerri.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity