Yup so I turned 26 yesterday! It seems old..LOL! I guess this means I am in my late 20's even though I only feel like I am 18 or 19. I guess your only as old as you feel right? People mistake me for being a teeny bopper all the time. My birthday this year was pretty chill and relaxing. I was surprised that morning with some baked oatmeal (which I did not get one bite) and candles and 3 men singing or trying to "happy birthday!" I was able to get my therapy in at the gym and then come home and take a nice long nap. Chris let me be off of cleaning and diaper duty all day too!
After my nap I went and got my hair cut because it was in desperately needing it and after I came home to some surprises. My boys with their Dads help decorated the house in "happy birthday" decor! Lots of scribbles, cuts outs, really nothing big but so thought out and cute.
Chris's original surprise was to get this car we have been wanting for a while but those plans feel through (long story). He left me a sweet note on our menu board and I am going to re-write it so I can remember.
"Happy bday honey. You are the best. Sorry I was not able to get you a car yet :( I wish you could understand how special to me. I really did win the lottery when I married you. I am so proud of you. You are a wonderful mother to our boys. You do so much and its hard to thank you for all that you do.
I love you."
Your Big Dumb Hubby.
Trey and Ports scribbles were cute too:)
Chris had a grilled salmon dinner (my favorite) ready for me with rice and squash. Mango's were for dessert which are my favorite too especially when they are in season! It was super yummy. Thanks hunny!
After dinner we headed to the mall so I could get a pedicure. The boys had fun shopping with Dad and they sure had fun trying on all the shades..LOL! Cool little dudes!
My toes turned out so cute too. Perfect for summer even though we had the crappiest weather on my bday. Rainy, wet, and cold. Seriously, I was kind of bummed. Anyway, totally love the cute designs they can do on your toes. I got some cool multi colored zebra stripes...YES!
All day kept Treyson saying "birthday ice cream, birthday ice cream!" It's true right?... you can't have a birthday with out ice cream. I did not have time to make any so we just went and bought some. Mint Chocolate Chip..YUM YUM! They gobbled it down!
I got the freshest outfit for my bday. I really bought some of the things a couple weeks ago because they were having a big sale at the mall. I have been in dying need of pants because none of my jeans fit me anymore. I was getting sick and tired of always pulling them up and them just not fitting right. Now I need a drum roll........my pant size now is a 23! Yes, this means I have lost 3 inches in my waist line since I started my training. This is the smallest yet most fit I have ever been. I keep losing inches but gaining weight which is good because this means I am packing on the lean muscle. I still have a little bit to go to hit my goals but I just love the way I am feeling and the results I am getting. Sorry I just had to brag for a minuet about that:) Now back to the outfit...
Skinny Jeans ($12--Areo)
Red Plaid Shirt ($5-- can't remember the stores name)
Ruffle Heal Shoes...LOVE THEM!! ($10--Vanity)
Chris made me model and show him all my steal deals since I got things here and there. Yes I am a bargain shopper, well I really have to be being a Palmer wife right? He was getting a little picture happy (as you can tell he likes my back side)..LOL! I guess I am glad since I am the one always behind the camera snapping photos. Thanks for making me feel beautiful Herc!
Tonight we indulged on one of my cheesecake creations. I am not really a cake fan, I would rather have cheesecake or pie on my birthday. We made some Blueberry Cheesecake Frozen dessert and Chris decorated it with a "26" made out of blueberries. We were going to try to make it crust less but we decided to make the crust out of pretzels instead of grams to change it up. I loved the sweet and salty flavor it had but Chris was not sure. He still ate like 3 pieces though so he must have liked it...LOL! I'll be posting the recipe on our wellness blog so be sure to check it out if you like.
It was such a awesome b-day and thank all of you for the Happy Birthday Wishes.
Thanks to my hubby and boys for a well pampered spoiled great birthday!
Cheer to 26 and many many more!
PS. I need to give a shout out to my twin Brother and Grandma since we share the same bday! Happy birthday Uncle Kirb and Nan!
PS. I need to give a shout out to my twin Brother and Grandma since we share the same bday! Happy birthday Uncle Kirb and Nan!










3 comments:
Happy bday again babe! Tap Tap Tap!
Happy Birthday Kerri!!! And yes I agree you are as young as you feel;) You look beautiful! Taylor was looking at the post with me and said "Treyson at his dinner hooray!" All that food looks so yummy glad you got pampered on your birthday!:)
I am so happy it was such a special day for you! When I turned 27 in March, I was like, "I am almost 30...AAAAGH!" You are so right though, you are only as old as you feel! I feel like I am 18 too..lol! Such cute pictures...thanks for sharing Kerri. Have a beatiful week!
Post a Comment