Jax has been a little stinker lately. He knew thing is to run off and roam the neighborhood. Most people love him and they come over and tell us how great of a dog he is. Our close neighbors love him and they consider him like their own but not everyone feels that way. He loves to play with the neighbors dog and they keep each other company but lately he has been wanting to find some other fun. Here are a couple of scenarios that have happened lately....
Scenario 1-- Jax jumped the fence and took off sprinting when he found out we were leaving. I had to drop Chris off at practice and run some errands so our neighbors said they would watch our for him and let him in if they found him. Well like 45 min later I get a call from this lady who was not very nice. She said she had our dog and I told her if she would just let him go then he would come back because we had our friends looking for him. She would not and told me I better hurry up and come get him and that she already called the Humane Society! I told her that I was on my way and to tell the humane society not to come. Also I was clear across town and since I don't drive much I do not know my way around. I asked for her exact address and she would not give it to me for safety reasons but then I convinced her that I really needed it. Mind you I have both my kids screaming in the background while talking to her on the phone. Anyway, the GPS took me a weird way to her house and her house garage was on the corner of road and you had to go back to the next street to get to her front door. I kept trying to call her to tell her I was lost but she did not pick up. When I finally figured out where it was I knocked on the door and she came out and said, "you took too long they came and got him about 2 minuets ago!" I look at her and was like, "really, your kidding me!" She then decided that she was really cool and started yelling at me and threatening me to get off her property. LOL, I just laughed at her and told her she was a joke for person and that she should learn some Charity and people skills because it would help her out a lot in life. I was very upset and my kids were still screaming. Very frustrating. Who does that? She knew I was on my way, yet she could not wait 2 more minuets for me to get there? Good Grief, some people in this world! So, anyways long story short I ended up having to pay 60 bucks to get him out of the humane truck...ya...he was not even at the pound yet. I had to wait at the humane society for the truck to pull up to get him and at first they were not going to give him to me because they were closed. Yes it was a long night and very annoying. Jax was in mega trouble after that.
Scenario 2- Again we were leaving and Jax this time bolted out the door and ran off! AHH! We had a seminar to conduct so again our neighbors said they would help us. About an hour later we get a call from a very nice women named Anglea. She was very pleasant and gave up lots of pointers to help him not run off anymore. She really likes him and always calls us if she sees him running in the alley ways. This was 100 % turn around from the lady I dealt with before. We ended up leaving our seminars early to take care of the doggy business. Again very frustrated but so glad someone was nice to about it.
Scenario 3- It was Sunday and so we went to Church as usual. One of us must have left the door a little cracked because Jax pawed at the door until it came open and somehow bolted his way through the screen door. I'm not even sure how he did it because our screen door is very heavy and you have to push the handle to even open it. Yes, Jax is one smart puppy!!! Well when we came back from Church he was not where to be found. Chris went looking for him and again we found the pound truck loading him up and had to pay 75 bucks to get him off this time. UGH!!!
This was the third strike and I about had it with Jax so we have been working really hard at not getting him to run off. He has been doing so good for weeks now but not today!!!
Today Scenario: I let Jax out to potty at around 9am and he goes over to play with the neighbors dog because he is out and I watch him and he is doing fine. I then call him to come in and he takes off. Really? Not again! I then bundle up and go out looking for him because I do not want to pay a 100 fine for him. Porter was down for a nap and I put a movie on for Trey so I could go and try and find him. I know I probably should have done that but I have no car so what else was I to do? I looked for him for about 20 min and I went to Angelas to see if she saw him and she said that she did see him in the alley way but has not seen him in a while so she thought we had him. Oh great! Finally I go back because I am freezing and everything is fine at home. Kids are good. I call the humane society to see if they have them and they tell me no but they got a call for him about 2 hours ago but when they went to look for him he was no where to be found. When I heard this I became worried because I was thinking maybe he was road kill or hurt really bad. I have no clue what else to do but just wait for Chris to get home to go look for him or wait for the humane society to call me. Well, about a couple hours later (1pm) Jax shows up at the back door just panting away and happy like nothing happened! OOOO Jax you are a dead dog today!! LOL. I punished him but I could not help but laugh and think maybe he has the dog catchers figured out too? I bet he hid from them when they came around. What a little stinker!! Really Jaxson why do you have to be so smart? He is too smart for his own good. I am so glad he is safe and we did not have to pay 100 fine!!
Now, having said all of this drama about our Pooch, we do love him. We are dog lovers what can I say. He really is such a good dog so I don't know why he is in this stage of running off especially when its cold outside. He never did this in the summer! Anyway, I'm not sure we could picture our life without Jax. Yes he is a lot of work and its like having another kid sometimes but we just adore him. Sometimes Jax even gets more love from Christian then I do. Man's best friend right? Jax loves his cuddle time with is master that's for sure. What wrong with this picture? LOL, before I married Chris he told me that he has a soft spot for dogs...big dogs...not Field goal kicking dogs that I grew up with. If you can kick a field goal with it he does not consider it a dog, he considers it a pest or a rat..LOL! I am not sure if I knew what I was getting myself into but nevertheless Jax has been a great dog for our family!
Jax loves our Children and that is the best thing about them. He plays with them and protects them. The other day Trey was playing "dragon trainer" and he was the trainer and Jax was the dragon. Jax just played along and let Trey's ride him and stab him with his fake sword. He did this with no growling, snarling, or barking, but with a "help me" look on his face..LOL!
Trey loves his "Jaaaxxxxsiiiin!" They are best buddies. He is sometimes very rough with Jax but they play together so cute. I don't know any other dog that would be the way he is with kids.
Porter also loves his "Dudda Down." We call Jax Bubba Brown so that's how Porty tries to say it..LOL! Porter malls him all day long, pokes his eyes, and pulls his jowls. Jax does not mind, he is used to it. Porter goes and lays by him all the time and snuggle together. If you are wondering why my Children are covered in endless dog hair its because they can not keep their hand off this mutt all day! They do love their doggy Jaxson Bear that is for sure. He is their partner in crime. They give him kisses and hugs all throughout the day and I sure Jax appreciates it when he gets them since he is mostly a jungle gym for them..LOL!
Oh Jax Attack you are a pain in my behind and sometimes I wan to strangle you! I would kick you to the curb but I could not bare the looks on my kids faces if you were not around anymore. I love your stinker hairy butt but please try and not to run off anymore you get me and yourself in trouble! Sleep on it!
Ill just end with one of my hubs favorite dog jokes.
If you tied up your wife and your dog and put them in the trunk of your car for a long time who would be the most excited to see you when you opened it? HAHA!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself!"
Josh Billings





6 comments:
You are too kind! What a good doggy momma. I would be kicking my dog out the door if that happened. Yikes! Hope he starts behaving for you! That's really adorable that he will let your boys ride on him.
If it were me, I'd probably be secretly praying that we'd never find him or he'd never come home.
I don't know how you do it. I can't stand the shedding.
Ha Ha Ha Ha! Wubbers ya just had to have a boxer didn't ya. I laughed at the comment that jax was cuddling with his master. It sounds like Jax is the mater of this doman and looks like he has a giant pet named Chris and all he must do to maintain this dominance is let a couple of rug rats ride and play with him. This is Tom just in case you where wondering. I will tell you what i told Courtney the last time i had to pick up Max from the the pound if it ever happens again i will be paying 30 dollars for him to be put down. Layna's best friend or not just as you said he knows what he is doing and i wont play the game. Now just as an fyi i wouldn't be telling any one you left the house with your kids alone if some thing happened you would be charged with negligence no DOG is worth your children's safety Just saying. I hear your pain though on the dog running away Max does this quiet offen we have so many people walking past our house to go to school if layna opens the door and he is not being watched he will just follow them to class luckly he has not been picked up yet people just call us. One thing i did when he started running as a pup is every time he comes when i call i would give him a treat so he would associate coming with a good thing. then i may have given him a few swift kicks in the ass on the way home once he was caught. the shock collar is a cheep option. or arm the neighbor kids with pellet guns and have them open fire when ever he is out with out you that way its no fun to be free.
LOL, Chris wanted to leave him last time but the funny thing is, is that he has never made it to the pound. I think we have it figured out the running off business and now we can even leave him in our house with out kenneling him which is good unless we by chance forget and leave the door cracked...LOL! He used to freak out remember? Jax is not the master but he does listen to Chris better I think. Like I said I did not know what I was getting my self into when I married Chris but it is what it is now and Jax is great dog even though he is menace at times:)
So I was thinking about this whole dog thing... You know, they really should come up with something to fix the issue. Why cant the government fix this issue for us? All I am asking for is a device that is capable of doing these small tasks...
1. Restrain a dog, while allowing said dog to relieve it's organs unencumbered by the restrictions of corporate america.
2. Prevent said dog from escaping the confines of a given yard, while allowing for adequate, and required territorial marking.
3. Prevent bionic dogs (capable of leaping homes in a single bound) from excaping said yard.
Such a devise is beyond the private sectors ability conceive, design,or build. We have gone far too long without said device.
When o when 'OBAMA' are you going to hear the cries of your people...
I think we should organize a protest and march on Washington.
LOL, Bill you are hilarious!
Post a Comment