Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving was a good one this year.  We went the the Thompson's for the big feast.  We love them so much.  Every year they invite all the Palmer families and they do this because they want their home to to be our home away from home.  I was missing both of our families this year but it so nice to have a "family" and somewhere to go while living out here. They are just such great people and I especially love Sister Thompson because she is small like me.  I think I might even be a couple inches taller which I am rarely every taller then anyone...LOL! They made the big stuff like the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and such.  Everyone else brought side dishes and desserts! There was so much food and it was absolutely delicious!! All of my family stuffed ourselves and I could barely move after eating all that good food! I always think about what I am thankful for...family, Gospel, soldiers, and the list could go on and on but this year especially I am thankful for my Husband and all the hard works he puts into school.  It is such a blessing and I know all his hard work will pay off in the end.
Our boys enjoyed the feast especially Porter.  He could not get enough of the mash potatoes and he got food all down his shirt. Trey was very tired because he woke up really early that morning so all he wanted to do was snuggle with daddy and play with his ears.
After we ate and visited with everyone we headed over to the Pulous's to hang out. We always have fun over at the Pulous's.  My boys love their boys so much. They already had put their Christmas Tree up and it was so beautiful. 
The Frogley's came over too and their little Ashlyn is the about the same age as Porter.  They play cute together. We have also decided that we have already arranged their marriage for them...LOL! 
After that we went to the Dastrup's house for a light dinner and games. We had turkey sandwiches, salad, and a yummy lime cucumber drink to wash it down. We had a blast and laughed A LOT!
The boys were having so much fun too.  They were getting into the Christmas spirit with Porter trying to play the trumpet and Trey trying on the Christmas hats. Porter was wearing more of his dinner on his shirt and Trey was wearing it on his face...LOL! Leave it to my boys to look messy!
They were both getting super tired though because it had already been a long day already. Trey was still tired from earlier so all he wanted to do was snuggle towards the end of the night.
We soon left to get the kids in bed and we sang Christmas songs all the way home.
Jingle Bells, Rocking around the Christmas Tree, and Santa Clause is coming to town.
 I know we are just crazy like that I guess!
Chris says he only like Christmas music after Thanksgiving but before that he does not like it..LOL! 
(not sure what face Chris is making in the photo..LOL)
We seriously could not asked for a better Thanksgiving here!
Hope all of you had a wonderful Turkey Day!
GOBBLE GOBBLE!

2 comments:

Castillon04 said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Looks like you guys had a great day! Love the post about raising little boys :)

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Wow looks like you guys had an event filled day! So glad you had places to go since you were so far away from family....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity