Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day

Labor Day marks the end of summer! Sigh...really summer is already over?  I was just getting started, maybe its because I have been bed ridden for the past week.  Yesterday was the first day I woke up with out a severe migraine.  This sickness, whatever it was did a number on me.  I am down to 95 pounds! I guess it figures because most days I could not even sit up to even eat and if I would then I would just throw it up from all the dizziness.  All my hard work of weight training is out the window but I am not going to get on that quite yet.  My body still needs to heal from the elements that it had.  I am trying to do everything with as less meds as I can so I am just going to let my body do its thing.  I am so thankful I am feeling better, it is a huge relief!  Anyways back to labor day...we just took it easy most of the day.  Chris went to the gym because he was having massive cabin fever and I just stayed and played with my boys.  I missed them.  I actually took a nap when they did too.  Towards the end of the day I was getting cabin fever so we went out.

This is Trey right before we left with chocolate on his face.  He always seems to having something all over his face. He was excited and kept saying, "go, go time go!" 

Poor Porter had been cooped up in the house too and needed to get out.  He was just really happy to have his mommy back.  If you did not know Porter is a MAMMA'S BOY for sure!  Chris said he was looking over his shoulder the whole time I was sick to see where I was and to try and find me. If he saw me of heard my voices he would claw and arch his back to try and get to me.....ah, I missed you too Porter bug!  I got all those snuggles back on Labor day.
I was not really ready to go out since I just woke up from a nap, this is why I was sporting the no make-up hat "do" but I told Chris I was ready for some REAL food!  I was craving seafood of course so we went to Red Lobster.  The coconut shrimp and crab claws were divine and hit the spot for me.  I probably gained my 5 pound back that night..haha!  Anyways it was good to get out and have some yummy food.
We discover at Red Lobster that Porter loves lemons.  This is interesting because I loved them when I was prego with him.  Anything sour I loved really.  He did not even make a sour face when trying it for the first time he just kept wanting more and more...LOL!  Trey loved playing with the crab claws and he was yelling, rraahhrrr rrrahhhrrr while opening and closing the claw!

It was a good Labor Day and I am so glad the end of summer marked a feel good week for me.  I still can't believe summer has come and gone but I look forward to FALL!  I love fall weather in Iowa. Anyways hope all yall had a great Labor Day Weekend!

4 comments:

amy said...

i'm glad you are feeling better, how scary! i'm glad you had chris to take such good care of you and the boys. i hope you continue to feel better from here on out. your kids are both darling.

Mele said...

So glad you are feeling better! There's nothing worse than feeling helpless and not being able to take care of your kids. What an awesome husband you have to take such good care of you all. Red Lobster is SO yummy! Hopefully you did gain some weight back! Good gracious girl, you might blow away in this wind we're having today ;) Did you get my email. Hope you guys can come next week :)

Kimber said...

glad you're feeling better! we've been praying for you!

Lindsay said...

So glad you are feeling better! I'm sorry you were so sick! That was probably awful with your two little boys. Keep taking it easy so you make a full recovery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity