Porter turned 9 months old yesterday, I can't even believe it! He has exploded this past month on his milestones and he is turning into a pre-toddler already.
He has mastered crawling in his own way. He started crawling a couple days after his 8 month b-day. The only way I know how to explain it is it's sorta like a gorilla. He is on all fours but instead of having both knees on the ground he leaves one leg up and use his foot to crawl instead of his knee. Its really unusual but it does not stop him. He is so fast especially when he see something he wants.


Porter does not believe in sleep. He is such a observer that he does not want to miss out on anything. Yes, he still wakes up once in the night for a feeding but he will always go right back down. He wont sleep in his car seat long and prefers his bed over anything. He has to have his blanket either over his face or right next to his face or he will not sleep. I swear he always has one eye open even when he is in a deep sleep, its so funny! One thing for sure is when he wakes up, he always has the biggest grin on his face and I love it!


He is so big! I have not taken him to his 9 month check yet but I guessing he is around 21 pounds. He is working my arms pretty good during the day! He crawls up on everything, I have this little seat in the front room and he loves to get in it. It amazes me how much they learn at this age! He is such a cuddle bug and if he had it his way he would want to be held all day long.

This child of mine can eat! He still nurses of me about 4- 6 times a day and downs both sides and he eats about 5-6 jars of baby food a day. Lets not forget all the snacks I give him...I swear this kid is ALWAYS hungry. He is starting not to be as big of a fan of the baby food and he wants REAL food so we have been experimenting with that a little. He likes anything and everything I give him. He is such a messy eater though but he sure looks cute with squash up his nose. While I am feeding him he likes to stick his hands all over in his mouth and make all these sounds...haha, I think he likes the feeling of the food on his hands too. Gotta love those messy faces!

Porter makes the cutest facial expressions and I love watching his little personality shine through. He is such a smiley little man.


He is into everything, I mean everything! He has discovered that he likes dog food! LOL! He makes the cutest face when he knows he is caught doing something he is not supposed to be doing and looks at you like, "what I am just exploring the world!"

Port also does what he call the "chucky face!" It is somewhat evil..LOL! He squints his eyes as hard has he can and sticks his tongue between his teeth and starts hissing at you. I have no clue why he does it but it sure is hilarious!

He is obsessed with standing up but he has been since he was very little. He gets pretty giddy about the whole thing. He will stand up on mostly everything and he has taken some hard falls, he even has the bruises to prove it. He is getting better at balancing and he is starting to walk along the furniture. Some times he will even let go and stand for a couple seconds then plop his bottom on the ground. He is learning so much and it gets hard to keep up with the little guy!




Bath time with Porter is always an adventure. He loves the water so much that he goes nuts over it. He always says "ooo" "ooo" when he hears the water running. Every bath time is different. He has always been a scary wiggler in the bath so my Nan sent us a bath chair and it worked for a while but now he has figured out how to get out of that too. Oh brother, what are we going to do with this kid?!?

He is just totally cute and you just have to love him though. I love every piece of him and he is so a Mommy and Daddy's boy!


I love his little precious cheeks, I could kiss them all day long!

Some other things about Porter--
He says, "uh oh" "Mama and Dada" "Hi" "Wow" and "No."
Loves to bounce and jump.
He can feed himself, well he actually would prefer too.
Starting to use baby sign.
Loves Jax!
He loves balls and any kind of car (all boy).
Loves to play "where is Porter!" (peek-a-boo)
He pushes everything and makes the car sound.
He loves music.
He tires and mimics everything you say and do.
Loves to make a lot of noise and laughs all the time.
WOW, my baby is growing up!
Happy 9 months Porter boy, you sure are so much fun and bring so much happiness into our lives!
9 comments:
Porter seems like such a funny little ham! 'Tian didn't crawl "normal" either. I don't know if you remember his "dead man drag" thing that he did for months, but it looked pretty funny too.
I think Porter is the first I've seen to crawl like that. He sure is cute doing it though!:) Happy 9 months! I feel like they change like CRAZY during this stage!
His crawl is hilarious! What a cute little butterball!
CUTE!!! That makes me excited for BOY! INSANE how fast he is growing up what the heck! Don't grow up so fast Porter stay little!
LOL it's so funny that Porter crawls like that because Ashton crawled the exact same way!! I've never seen another kid do it since then. What a cute little man you have!
He is such a cutie!!! They are growing up so fast.
Wow time really does fly! Porter has the cutest little nose....seriously! Love it!
he is a doll! such a cute little guy. i love that first picture of him. and i love the crawl ;)
Can you believe our babies are this old??? Porter is adorable. When I think of him I think of his happy smile!
Post a Comment