Sometimes it is still weird to think that we live in Iowa! I mean who would of thought that we would have ended up in good ole' Iowa? We really do like it here even though we had a rough start when we first moved here. Some things I love about living in Davenport are...
The Parks
There has not been one park here that I have been to that I have not liked. They are all fun for the kids and well kept. Some of them are beautiful. Vanderveer Park is one of my favorites here in the city.

The Mississippi River
The view is amazing, especially at sun set and rise.

The Bix
The is a cool tradition that the Quad Cities has. It has the largest gathering of runners and over 20,000 runners and walkers participate. I want to do it next year but I will probably do the mini bix which is 2 miles. I am not much of a runner but I would love to be apart of something so historical.

The Farmers Market
The BEST produce that you have ever tasted and for a good price. We love the corn...YUM! It calls for a very hot shopping day but it is so worth it!

Greatest Grains
They have a couple health food stores that we shop at but GG is by far our favorite. They have a variety of everything...I could seriously spend hours in there! Davenport especially because of the Chiropractic School is very "granola". They are huge on recycling too which we partake of as well.

Benttendoff Family Museum
This is a great place for the kids. They have anything and everything you can think of for your kids to have fun....puzzles, coloring, small stores, cars, lots of learning exhibits, small water park, play grounds, ect. Trey and Porter love it and I love it too!

The Mississippi Valley Fair
The fair is just around the corner and I am getting excited for it. There is so much for little kids to do and it should be so fun for our kids. They have concerts every night and ZZ Top is coming this year along with Kellie Pickler and all these other good bands. This is a huge event for the Quad Cities too. Cotton Candy here we come!

FRIENDS:
The best thing I/We love about Iowa is all our wonderful friends. Seriously we could not ask for better friends then the ones we have here in Iowa. I love them all. We always do fun get togethers and BBQ's. Everyone loves each other, no one is catty or shady, everyone just leans on everybody since non of us have family around and I love it. We all have kids around the same ages so that makes it even more fun. I am seriously going to miss every single person when it comes time to leave Iowa. Love you all...muah!
FYI: At a BBQ not to long ago, Trey thought it would be fun to eat sand. It was funny yet troubling and I always have to ask myself why my child is so different?..LOL!

Another get together we had Treyson thought it would be cool to eat the mud. I promise I feed my child...haha! He is just seriously all boy, whenever there is any kind of rocks, sand, or dirt around he always seems to have it all over him!

I am seriously so grateful for the friends we have and that you always know that someone is going through the same exact things you are...its comforting! It awesome to know that your not alone and your friends are your family, your home away from home!

We are so blessed to be out here in Hawkeye State. This is where we are supposed to be and where the Lord wanted us.
PS: I just have to add a few of my dislikes about the Quad Cities..
Humidity--so hot you can not even play outside.
Bugs-- they are as big as my hand.
Driving--it takes forever to get anywhere.
Gay marriage--the fact that it is legal here.
Mountain-Less--we miss our mountains.
Water--is so nasty nasty here, I don't drink it but I still have to shower in it.
Basements--most basements here are dungeon like and creepy.
There are probably more but I can't think of any more right now
Anyways, come play with us in the good State of Iowa!
5 comments:
cute post! i LOVE all the parks here. i would take my kids park hopping all the time this spring whenever we were out and about running errands--but it's just too dang hot now!! i'm looking forward to the cooler fall weather!
I don't usually get a chance to comment on your posts, but I always read them! I love the parks here too - we are definitely going to miss them!
ahhhhh that was such a cute post!!! Love ya Kerri! And ya who knew we would end up here in Davenport Iowa!? Lets play soon!
Iowa... wow...
It looks like you guys are having so much fun! Iowa sounds a little like Texas, except we're not allowed to have basements here.
Love it! Hooray for our Iowa adventures! I still haven't been to the Farmers Market yet. I definitely need to check it out. :)
Post a Comment