Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day...oh such a wonderful day! I am not going to say it was a "picture perfect" day because we started with Porter being a major "crankster" this morning then we went on to diarrhea poop all over the floor from Treyson by mid day! I guess it would not be Mother's day with out all that stuff happening...LOL! Church is always so good, uplifting, and the speakers always make you feel like you are a wonderful person. I have been thinking about all the wonderful "Mothers" I have in my life and my heart is full that no words can express how I feel except, I LOVE YOU, every single one of you!
"Mother's are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth." Marjorie Pay Hinckley.
Is that not so TRUE?
Chris got me a sinful chocolate chip cookie pizza that said, "I love my Mommy!" Chris says this to me a lot in his childish voice so I thought it fit perfectly. The cookie was so delicious and in between the 2 cookies there was a yummy layer of frosting....mmmm! It was like eating cookie dough because the pizza was so soft. We are going to have leftovers for weeks even though I could of at the whole thing because it really was that good!!
I also got some cute pink plaid pajamas--Chris knows how much I love p.j.'s since this is most of what my wardrobe consist of!
Now for the ultimate gift---drum roll please.............
I finally got THE KIRBY VACUUM!
This was a early Mothers Day/Birthday gift(my bday is on fri). I have been wanting one of these forever now because I have to vacuum so much, at least once a day sometimes more. We have gone though 4 vacuums this year and I said enough is enough we are just waisting money. I decided it would be more economical if we bought a more expensive one that has a life long warranty then go buy four different vacuums that do not work that well and have them go out on us. Let me tell you I LOVE IT! I have vacuumed my carpets, dusted my furniture, clean my hard wood floors, ceilings, fans, tile, car, and shampooed my upholstery, and carpet. It also turns into a blower so we have been able to do lots of things with it, all the way from cleaning our drains to blowing unwanted leaves away. This vacuum does everything and works so great on dog hair. It even is great for the environment and has a hepa filter. It is awesome and so worth the money. Chris used his sells men skills and jew him down to half price which was nice. Thank you so much babe, who would have thought cleaning would be so much fun!

I would not be able to celebrate this holiday with out these 2 little munchkins in my life. I adore my boys immensely, some days I do not like them very much but I do love them so...LOL! I am not one of those "cookie cutter moms," I wish I was at times but I am just not. I am just merely surviving most days! I think I have become numb to the fact that I am so tired, most nights are good but some nights are dreadful and even sometimes I am up with both of them. If it is not one then its the other and even if it is a "good night" I find my self up anyways to check on them....LOL! Most days I have one hooked to my leg and the other on my hip....I have learned to do a lot with one hand and even my feet. At the end of the day I am usually covered in spit up, snot, tears, sometimes throw up or poop so these have become my new perfumes! There are times when I get so frustrated I have to lock my self in the bathroom and just breath..LOL! I have lost my temper more then a few times which is never a good thing but in the moment it hard to even think sometimes! It's crazy that now the only thing in the laundry for me is p.j.'s and work-out clothes and that most days are spent in a pony tail and makeup-less. I am lucky if I get a shower or even get to brush my teeth...my poor husband! I always tell him his glamor girl is gone...LOL! Oh the joy of MOTHERHOOD! It's all worth it right? I know it is! In the midst of all of this I do find joy in being a MOTHER. I have lots of tender sweet moments with my kids. I usually find myself not being as productive as I want to be because I just get lost in my kids, playing with them, holding them a little longer, or just simply watching them be themselves. I know I am doing what God wants me to do...be a mother. What greater gift do we have as women but to be Mothers? I am so thankful I get the chance to be a Mother. I am not perfect at it but everyday I try and be the best I can be.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

2 comments:

Erica Jessop said...

I want to eat that cake!!! It looks delicous!! Your are such a cute mom happy mothers day!!!

Nicole said...

i'm glad you had a great day-- you are a great mom--i can totally relate to your post--especially about nights-if it's not one kid--it's the other!! i tell aaron all the time that i'm a jekel and hyde mom!! one minute, i feel like i could have 8 kids no problem and the next i want to rip my hair out and don't know how i'll handle 2!LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity