Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Heritage Hand-me-Downs

When Treyson was born I was given a couple of pairs of Chris's baby sleepers. As I recall Trey was too big for the sleepers by the time I got them so he never go to wear them. These jammie's are so precious and they even still have Chris's spit up stains on them! I did not hesitate to put them on Porter once he was able to fit into them and he looked so darn cute! The first pair are a light blue with teddies on the and the second pair are white with choo choo trains on them. Chris's mom sewed these herself which makes them extra special! When I saw Porter in them I almost about cried because I just started thinking about the heritage these sleepers have, that once little baby Christian wore them and now his son is now wearing them! I kept thinking of Beth excitingly sewing away preparing for his coming and Chris smiley drooling self spitting up all over them...LOL! A whole bunch of feelings started to overcome us I think when we saw Porter in them...Chris and I started thinking about that when he wore these that his Father was alive and how he wonders how his Dad felt about him at that age? I am sure his Dad was crazy about him just like he is crazy about his boys. These sleepers are my favorite because they fit so well because they never bunch up and the heritage behind them give them that extra character! Gotta cherish these 30 year old hand-me-downs!

5 comments:

Brecca said...

i'm definitely going to save some of london's clothes because i wish i still had some of mine from when i was a baby for her to wear. so cute!

Green River High School said...

Those are special. I can't even imagine trying to sew something like that--she's talented!!
Happy Easter to you guys :)

Fox Family said...

Hey Kerri,
Steph Peterson showed me your blog...you have nsuch a cute fam! I hope your enjoying Davenport, it is such an awesome place! Take Care, Stef

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Stef!
Hey, you need to add me to your blog
cnkprice@hotmail.com
It will be fun to catch up
Ker

denise said...

Last year we found a picture of Christian at one that we had never seen before. Then, in another box we found the very outfit that he was wearing! We got a professional picture of 'Tian done in the same outfit.

It was special to me to have those two pictures of two Christians--my two favorite guys. (At the time, of course--now I have another little man to love.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity