Sunday, January 03, 2010

What a BEAUTIFUL Day!

Today we blessed Our Porter and Chris did such a beautiful job. We just had our home teachers and some close friends stand in since we had no family here. Porter looked so handsome in his blessing outfit and he did not even cry all through Church. It was actually interesting, the bishop lost our paperwork so therefore forgot that we were blessing Porter today. Someone else blessed their baby today so when they called for the baby blessing we got up like it was us...so then we thought oh we will be next but then we just went right into the sacrament hymn. Chris and I just looked at each other and laughed and said, "well maybe they forgot." One of the brethren overheard our conversation and said that he would let the bishop know so then we could do it after the sacrament. Through the whole sacrament I was so emotional, I was thinking a lot about Chris's father and how we named Porter after him, how I miss him so much and I never even met him, and how he probably wishes he could be here with us too. I could feel his spirit with us today especially when Chris gave Porter a name and blessing. As I said previously Chris did an excellent job even other people were coming up and commenting how awesome it was. It seriously was so powerful. The things I remember most was that he blessed Porter that he would be a leader amongst his friends and that he would find his part in the Gospel. He talked a lot about gaining a testimony of Jesus Christ and how important it really is. He said that his testimony would carry him through his trails, help him serve a mission, marry in the Temple, and just be a guide through his life. He also spoke of the love of our beloved Savior and his atonement, it seriously was so amazingly touching!
My heart is so full write now that I am having hard time finding the words to write. Today also marks my 7th year anniversary as being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was so perfect that it was fasting testimony meeting, Porters blessing, and my anniversary. My soul is burning with love and gratitude to my family and my Father in Heaven. I thought a lot about my baptism day how special I felt yet how inadequate I felt too, like I deserved such a wonderful thing...this gift of the Gospel that is so precious and TRUE, and that I could actually belong to something so wonderful? Sometimes I feel undeserving because I look at the world today and there are so many people that need the Gospel more than I do and so I ask why me? Why did God choose me to be apart of this great organization? I do not know but what I do know is that it has transformed my life into something magnificent. I am not saying my life is perfect or that the journey has been with our trial or fail but that I know with a firm knowledge that this is the light and the way, that this Gospel is TRUE, and that I am not ashamed to be apart of it. I remember losing a lot of friends and being looked at so weird, but I could not deny my feelings or the way I felt and if I were to than I would not be being true to myself. I had prayed and asked and I did receive, the doors of Heaven were opened and I knew the answer was that this was the right path to take and the way to happiness. Heavenly Father change my heart, Christ has carried me along the way, and I know when I look in the mirror that I am a daughter of God, a daughter of a KING! I have read the Book a Mormon along with the Bible a couple of times and every time I have felt the spirit touch me in such a way that I know that its teachings are true and that Joseph Smith did see what he said he saw. We have a Modern Prophet today, Thomas S. Monson who leads and guides us in this modern day. I know all this to be TRUE. I am grateful for my lovely family, my husband who is my help mate, my boys who make me smile everyday, and for extended family and friends who have supported me along the way. I rejoice in this great Gospel. The Savior is real and I know he LIVES and that he loves us, everyone of us no matter who we are. Before I just knew of him and now I KNOW him...his miracles were breathtaking, his life was an example, and he carried all of our crosses. He sacrificed for us because he loves us. I know he loves me and for this I am truly humbled. It is him who I bow my head to, and it is him who I love so much. The Gospel is TRUE, this I KNOW!
In the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

11 comments:

Alicia Steere said...

Beautiful testimony Kerri! You are such a strong woman and a wonderful example! :) I love that you were able to bless Porter on the same day as your 7th anniversary as being a member, how fitting that it was fast & testimony! It sounds like Chris did a wonderful job, beautiful blessing. You guys are a great family! We are glad to call you friends! :)

Brooke Carroll said...

You are awesome, Kerri. I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful Sunday and that it was so special. Keep being strong, you are really a great person. Your family is so precious...xoxoxo

Kelli said...

I love hearing your testimony. Thank you so much for being willing to share! I also think it is so wonderful that our husbands can bless our sweet little babies with such specific and wonderful blessings. It is a testimony builder for me that Heavenly Father knows each of us individually and has a plan for each of us even from before we are just tiny babies. I'm glad you had such a great day!

Erica Jessop said...

Sorry we missed it, my girl's are still sick, so I didn't get to church until Sacrament was ending. Wish we could have heard it, I love that little Porter he is such a little angel!

bjjames said...

Wow Kerr...you made me cry once again. I just love hearing your testimony...it truly helps mine! I know some of our trials have been similar and I could never deny what the gospel has brought into my life. I love you and your beautiful family.

Nicole said...

So neat that you could have such 2 special things in one day! I'm sorry I missed it-was home with my boys. I loved reading your testimony!

Cody and Camille said...

What an awesome day for you and your family! Thanks for sharing all the details and your feelings about the Gospel.

So I was totally thinking we should get together too! When is your spring break? Ours is March 15-19, but we may have some friends visiting, so Easter might be best. We are cool with you coming here or us going there! It might be easier for us to come to you considering we only have one little one to travel with. Whatever works for you works for us though! It will be fun to see you guys!

Tammi said...

Kerri, I love what you have done with your blog!! The pictures of Porter are so cute.. Thanks for inviting Steve to stand in the circle that really meant a lot to him!!

Mele said...

Just came across your blog when I saw it on a few others today :) Ours is private so I'll have to get your email.
Anyway, cute blog and I love how you write so openly and heartfelt! What a sweet family you have. I felt so bad that the bishopric overlooked your baby blessing day but I'm so glad things worked out and we were able to bless our babies the same day! It'll be fun to watch them grow together :)

The Ball Family said...

Congratulations. You're family is adorable. Thanks for sharing your testimony!

Sarah Bogh said...

Hey! It took me a minute to remember who you were but then i realized it was because i was trying to remember someone in st louis with a little boy but you were still prego with him when i saw you last! How strange that it has been so long! Your boys are adorable!! I do remember Jax though, he has changed a lot too! I'm glad you are doing well, I wish you lived closer too I would love to photoraph your cute family!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity