Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh Baby!

I had my 38 week appointment today. I am going to "The Group" and seeing the 4 mid-wives they have here. I love them and all of them are such sweet ladies. They wanted to do an ultrasound to see how big he really was and to measure my fluid level. He is measuring about 7 1/2 pounds which could totally be off but my fluid level is extremely high which explains how huge and uncomfortable I am. The good thing is that it's just fluid and not weight which made me feel better since I have not been eating the greatest...haha! I had a little protein in my urine and also some edema in my feet and wrist but not my face, my blood pressure looked awesome and I had no weight gain this time. I am dilated to a 1 and 70 % effaced. With all of that they said that they wanted to induce me at 39 weeks in case toxemia came about. I explained to them our situation with our house and told them that we were not ready and as long as the baby was safe I would like to just wait for him to come. She got a second opinion from another doctor and they told me that it was fine and just to watch my body really close. If I have any blurred vision, a headache lasting more than an hour, or an extreme pain under my arm pit then I needed to be admitted right away. I seriously would love to be induced because I am seriously miserable but we are just so not ready for him to come. I need him to stay in there as long as possible. They did a 3-D ultrasound and we got the cutest photos. We could see all the cute details of his face and everything, it was awesome! He is so adorable already and we already love him so much. Trey loved seeing his baby brother and Chris was blown away too. We could see all his cute little movements and him sucking on everything...it was so cool!

Usually by now mothers would be nesting and excited for their new arrival but we do not have a place to call home yet so I am just trying to prepare myself the best I can. How you may ask?...I do not really know...I have been relying on the Lord a lot for strength. I still have to be a mother everyday to toddler, I am still a wife to a great husband, and I am carrying a newborn inside of me and I feel I have to be strong and an example for not only myself but for them too. Some days I want to have a nervous break down and just give up...instead I look to the Lord and he helps me keep going. I also just think of how blessed I am to have a wonderful family...one of our good friends father just passed away suddenly and I also just read on a blog on how a women just married over 2 years and 6 months along in her first pregnancy of how the baby and her were killed in a car accident. Yes our burdens right now are frustrating and hard but our lives are not so bad, things could be worse. I have been on my knees this month more than ever and I know that things will all come into place and years down the road we will know why we had to go through all of these trials. We all have trials and have to endure them so we can become better people and stronger individuals. I LOVE the Gospel and my family. Wish us luck this week and Ill try to keep you posted!

4 comments:

Kimber said...

oh my goodness girl! get into that house! and have that baby! we'll keep you in our prayers!

The Druces' said...

Kerri those pics are AMAZING!!! wow I want SO bad to be there when you have him, just like I was when you had Trey!!! I CANNOT believe how time has flown I was just there for you with Trey! Ahh! Things will work out for you, you are one strong woman. And remember there is a purpose in all things, whether we see it now or not there is a purpose to all that God does. I love you and miss you like crazy! I got my hairs cut and it just wasnt the same! Maybe Ill fly all the way there for the baby and my hair! haha jk I love you miss you and give Trey a love for me! (ps I cut Audrey's hair! Post coming soon!)

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

I just feel so bad for you guys! And you are being so strong! Good luck and I hope things really turn around for you!

Nicole said...

i hope things work out for you guys SOON! your new little guy is going to be so dang adorable!

Let us know if there is anything we can do for ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cutest Family Ever

Forever in Eternity

Forever in Eternity