Yesterday was one of the most SCARY days of my life. Saturday was the best day, Chris took the day off and we had a blast together as a family since Sunday I was supposed to be catching a flight back to Salt Lake. I really wanted to stay longer because we have decided that it would be the best for Chris to do the extended season of his job so we can have enough money for school. That would mean instead of him being done at the end of August he would not be done until the end of September, so we both wanted me to stay but it just was not in the budget so we decided I just better go home. I was really sad and depressed and I did not want to go and I just thinking about not getting on the plane! Well part of my wish came TRUE because I spent most of Sunday in the emergency room. Saturday I was feeling great but towards the night after dinner I got a little queasy, it got progressively worse and I ended up throwing up all night long with severe nausea and diarrhea. I vomited about 10 times and when it was early morning I just was throwing up yellow junk. It was so horrible and since I am 6 months pregnant there was really nothing I could take. I tried to keep fluids down but I was even throwing up the water I drank. Chris was trying to comfort me but he felt so bad because there was really nothing he could do for me. I don't get sick hardly at all and when I do I usually never vomit. I really feel that I brought the sickness on myself with all the traveling, being stressed about getting ready for grad school, and also being sad that I had to go back home because we did not have the money to change the ticket. Morning came and I was feeling lousy and around 8 am I started feeling really strong contractions that were about 5 min apart and I was not feeling out little man move anymore so I got really scared and so I called Mama C. to call her brother that was a doctor to see if there was anything he could prescribe for me to stop the pain, she told that he said I need to go to the hospital right away, Chris agreed. I was a little hesitant because I was just so scared about the baby. We had to borrow someones car because Casey was gone. Chris hurried and rounded up everything for me and Trey, by this time I was rolling on the floor just moaning because the contractions were so strong. I kept telling my self "Kerri you are strong and you are not going to have this baby today." In the back of my mind I was thinking the worst that if I were to go into labor that this baby would not have a high chance of survival! I prayed the whole way to the hospital and Chris just held my hand the entire way as I squeezed it tight every time I felt a contraction. We arrived at the emergency room and they had to admit me of course and that took forever, I was dying by this time! They told me that they were just going to admit me into labor and delivery! I was thinking NO I am not ready to have this baby! They had to bring a wheel chair because I was too weak to walk. Chris could not come with me because kids are not allowed in labor and delivery (stupid rule). We had to be separated so he just kissed my forehead and told me that he loved me and everything was going to be OK. Trey cried and cried and said, "no mama." I was in tears and just wanted the day to be over and for them to tell me that my little man was OK. They put me in a room and basically did everything to me like I was going to have the baby. I was scared but tried to be calm. They checked the baby and I was so happy when I heard the heart beat. I heard all his little movements and it was great. They said for how much fluid he is lacking he is sure a healthy active little boy. They told me I was contracting and that they were very strong because the baby was low on fluid which mean I basically was on my last limb. They gave me 2 bags of fluids and had to stick me 3 different time because they could not find a vein because I was so dehydrated so my hands are very swollen and all bruised up. They took lots of blood which almost made me pass out because since I already had lost so much fluid. They looked for any dilation and also gave me this test that says if I am in pre-term labor or not. They said I was not dilated at all and that the test came back great. The nurse let me use her phone so I could communicate back and forth with Chris what was going on. She was way awesome. The contractions slowly started decreasing and I was there for almost 4 hours. Before I left they checked me one more time (you gals no how bad it hurts when they check you)! They said everything look awesome and that I was lucky that I was a healthy women because it could of went bad very fast! The doc told me I had to take it easy, no lifting or exercising until I feel 100% better. I was completely exhausted because I had been up all night so I was ready to go home and sleep. Fee www what a day! I am feeling much better. My tummy is still very tender from all the vomiting and I did not realize everything you use your stomach muscles for, sitting, standing, rolling over, and I still have a little diarrhea. Our magnetics are helping me heal much faster which I am truly thankful because the doc told me it would be about a week or two and I am already feeling 75% better. I am taking it easy and taking care of myself. All I have really gotten to eat are bananas, applesauce, crackers, toast, herbal tea, and yogurt for my meals. I can't wait until I get to eat some real food...haha, give me a break I am a pregnant women! I am so grateful for a awesome husband and a Heavenly Father that took care of me. Our little prince is doing great and kicking me like he playing soccer in there! The best thing out of all of this is that I get to stay longer with my husband. Delta is not going to charge us for a rescheduling fee which we had to fight them on but they will still charge us for a different ticket. Chris said I planned the whole thing or he poisoned my food just because he knew how bad I wanted to stay with him...haha! Looks like everything just worked out how it was supposed to minus the sickness and needles! I love husband and my boys so much and I am grateful everything turned out in our favor. I called it a nightmare because you know how when your having one you just want it to be over and when it is you are so grateful!
HOLY COW WOMAN! how miserable! my little one and i weren't on the same page this weekend either-- i was sick from thursday on (and still feel terrible)- i was SO MISERABLE! i didn't move for 3 days straight. i don't know how you pregnant mom's do it! maybe there's some weird pregnancy sickness going around (something ON TOP OF being pregnant???:))
Oh my heck, I'm so glad that you and your little boy are okay! That was a scary story...I am just glad that it all turned out well. Take it easy and get lots of rest. :D
Wo girl! I was feeling so nervous the entire time I was reading this post. I was speed reading just so I would know you and your little guy were okay! I think it's a blessing in disguise so you and Chris can spend more time together. I hope you get feeling better soon and don't have another "episode" with the labor and delivery room until you're full term!
WHOA!! SCARY!! I was so nervous for you... when you wrote that on facebook! Take things easy... I'm just happy that you are okay and the little one is still cooking!! You're in my thoughts and prayers...
Oh my gosh I am glad everything is okay!!!! Gosh what a stressful time for you! I wish that you guys were just here and that I could help out! I am going to get to writing that email to you today but girl no need to stress medicaid, food stamps, financial aid is so so super easy to get on and it is REALLY fast! No worries in that department and they give you plenty of money to live off of!!! Talk to ya soon and take it EASY! I was on bed rest for ten weeks and it was NOT fun:(!
7 comments:
HOLY COW WOMAN! how miserable! my little one and i weren't on the same page this weekend either-- i was sick from thursday on (and still feel terrible)- i was SO MISERABLE! i didn't move for 3 days straight. i don't know how you pregnant mom's do it! maybe there's some weird pregnancy sickness going around (something ON TOP OF being pregnant???:))
Oh my heck, I'm so glad that you and your little boy are okay! That was a scary story...I am just glad that it all turned out well. Take it easy and get lots of rest. :D
Wo girl! I was feeling so nervous the entire time I was reading this post. I was speed reading just so I would know you and your little guy were okay! I think it's a blessing in disguise so you and Chris can spend more time together. I hope you get feeling better soon and don't have another "episode" with the labor and delivery room until you're full term!
WHOA!! SCARY!! I was so nervous for you... when you wrote that on facebook! Take things easy... I'm just happy that you are okay and the little one is still cooking!! You're in my thoughts and prayers...
Wow, sounds scary. glad you're feeling better.
Oh my gosh I am glad everything is okay!!!! Gosh what a stressful time for you! I wish that you guys were just here and that I could help out! I am going to get to writing that email to you today but girl no need to stress medicaid, food stamps, financial aid is so so super easy to get on and it is REALLY fast! No worries in that department and they give you plenty of money to live off of!!! Talk to ya soon and take it EASY! I was on bed rest for ten weeks and it was NOT fun:(!
Wow that is a nightmare!!! I'm happy you're okay. No more problems, k!!! I'm glad you get to be with the love of your life! Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment